IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Can a Standard User launch ASC?

LarryK420

Loaded ASC 8.1 Free on a desktop as the Admin.

If the Standard User attempts to launch ASC the prompt for the Admin Password pops up. I would like the Standard Users to run ASC as a routine tune-up.

I do not want to divulge the Admin Password for obvious reasons.

Did something load incorrectly or is this the design of the software?

OK so all of ASC is a Admin function? Then why does Performance Monitor (PM) auto run when the Standard User logs in? I had to turn off PM so that the Standard User was not bothered with that.

I find no problem with allowing Standard Users do a tune-up to their computer with the Care features (when Mr. Smiley turns Red and is frowning).

Why not just lock down the tabs for Protect, Tool Box, Turbo Boost and Action Center to require an Admin login?

This should be an Admin-configurable option in future revisions.

• 1 month later...
I love what the software does, but as an IT Admin for 150 users at 5 branches, I can't keep everyone updated. Any management console plans to help me out since I can't allow users to run their own scans?

Hi malbrecht,

The non-administrator users can use the basic scan and repair function of ASC.

Archived