IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I need help :(

I was updating my drivers using v2 I think ? And I didn't have my laptop plugged into power... Walked away and my computer did it's automatic shutdown after 5 mins and now my laptop doesn't work at all... So frustrated !!! I need help asap !

It has power, it turns on and shows the acer logo and then the screen just goes black ? And no error msg :(

You have most likely updated either your graphics driver or a system driver to a version which is not suitable for your system configuration. If you look at the Topics/Posts in the Driver Booster section of the forum, you will find many users who had this issue, and the solutions. You should boot into safe mode and do a system restore to a time before you updated the drivers. You will find the method of booting into safe mode in the posts/topics I have mentioned.

All I get is the asus (not acer like I previously stated) logo with the circular star pattern rotating ? The only method I can use is hitting f8 or shift f8 and it's not working the only thing I can do is get into the bios screen ? I get no messages at all ?

I believe that your graphics driver was updated to an unsuitable one. This appears to be a very common problem with w8.1. I have been looking into it and there are many variations on the solution.

Rather than try to repeat them her, please see This link. It gives many versions of this issue and various solutions. In particular the issue of getting into safe mode is dealt with. Have a look through the various sites to see if any of the solutions will help you. If not come back here and we will do our best to help.

Jezza6969

Sorry to hear you had to spend hard earned cash to sort the issue. It is strange that shift r worked, as this action usually removes image compression to improve image quality.

It will be interesting to see if this works for other users.

I was actually angry that he did something so simple to fix it ? He said that it happens from time to time and is an easy fix ? I replied with more like an easy $100.... This needs to be looked into to see if the db is causing this or if it were a one off case ?

I was actually angry that he did something so simple to fix it ? He said that it happens from time to time and is an easy fix ? I replied with more like an easy $100.... This needs to be looked into to see if the db is causing this or if it were a one off case ?

I must admit I have never heard of this fix. As I said shift r is normally to improve an image. Did he press shift r after the pc started or did he hold shift r down while the pc booted.

Archived