IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 3 a hazardous threat to my computer

nocoolnamejim

Hello,

I googled and apparently this subject has come up before (repeatedly) over the last year or so, but can you PLEASE stop having Smart Defrag reinstall itself? For those of us with SSDs, this is a hazardous, dangerous program and I have gotten rid of it three separate times now with Revo Uninstaller.

Frankly, in general a program that reinstalls itself is Malware...the very thing that Iobit's Malware Fighter should PREVENT, not facilitate.

I really like your products and have considered in the past upgrading from the free versions to the paid versions, but this activity has definitely made a purchase from me far less likely to the point I am considering uninstalling Iobit and Advanced Systemcare as well because one or the other of them continues to somehow facilitate Smart Defrag getting back onto my computer.

I do NOT click "fix all" on Advanced Systemcare without first unchecking anything that has to do with defragmentation or disk optimization, so there should be no reason why your slate of products continues to install unwanted software onto my computer anyway.

Hi nocoolnamejim,

Welcome to IObit Product.:-)

Considering the situation you mentioned, please do not click on the Fix All button in the action center of other IObit products.

Also, it is safe to use Smart Defrag on a computer with SSD, it would not defrag SSD.

The new Smart Defrag v4 has Trim feature which is specially designed for SSD. It is suggested to try Smart Defrag v4 from http://www.iobit.com/iobitsmartdefrag.php

Thanks for support IObit.

Archived