IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Homepage Protection problem towards Firefox 39.0

Gloops

Hello everybody,

I have Firefox 39.0 installed with TabMixPlus, Classic Theme Restorer and SpeedDial (among others)

on Windows XP Home SP3, protected by Online Armor Free 14 and Avast Internet Explorer 2015.

Changing the home page in Firefox only works when the homepage protection in IOBit Advanced SystemCare 8 is dis-activated.

So, I tried seizing "chrome://speeddial/content/speeddial.xul" as homepage in ASC, but as soon as I validate it (sometimes with a fourth of a second of delay), it is replaced by "about:newtab", so this is what Firefox shows the next time it is opened.

How can I avoid that ?

Is the Homepage protection managed on several screens ?

Hi Gloops,

Please kindly note that Homepage Protection in ASC is designed for protecting the homepage of your browser from being malicious modified.

If you want to change the homepage, you need turn off Homepage Protection in ASC first, or you can directly change the homepage by clicking on Details text link left beside the switch of Homepage Protection under Protect tab in ASC.

• 2 months later...
Hi Gloops,

Please kindly note that Homepage Protection in ASC is designed for protecting the homepage of your browser from being malicious modified.

Hi, this is what I understood.

If you want to change the homepage, you need turn off Homepage Protection in ASC first, or you can directly change the homepage by clicking on Details text link left beside the switch of Homepage Protection under Protect tab in ASC.

I tried both.

Archived