IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Win 7 - 64 bit Crashing

Pizzey

First I have run ASC for years without any issue. After installing the latest Windows updates, Windows began crashing. I did realize it was ASC until I did a clean install of Win7. I reinstalled and uninstalled ASC several times and each time it crashes Windows. I sent the support team the log file they asked for generated by the file they sent me.. They suggested that I try ASC Bets 9 v2 so I did. Same problem. They wanted a minidump file however Windows crashes and cannot write the file. I have uninstalled ASC and the computer works fine - it is what I am using to write this post. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Hi Pizzey, welcome to IObit Forum! :-)

Certainly no problem in Windows 10 Pro (x64) with the latest updates.

Please try to use sfc /scannow in elevated Command Prompt (Command Prompt Admin) which can be run from the menu by using keys (windows+x).

Wait for it to finish and try a new setup file of ASC 9 Beta2 (downloadable from the link in Advanced SystemCare 9 Beta 2.0 is released! [september 01, 2015] topic) again.

Please give feedback for the outcome.

Thank you and cheers.

ASC is supporting all the Windows OSes since XP including XP.

In your case, I believe it needs further investigation of your specific PC with your specific Windows 7 (x64) by IObit so please wait for Cicely's intervention. Sorry but I am not from IObit.

BTW, doesn't your crashes show blue screen?

You have written that Windows could not write after crash, but there must be traces of it in the Event Viewer.

Cheers.

Hi Pizzey,

The reason may be that your settings is not correct. Please refer to the steps below to enable minidump so that when you encounter blue screen, it will record the blue screen related errors in Minidump folder and send to us for analyzing.

1. Right click “Computer” and select “Properties”.

2. Click “Advanced system settings”.

3. Click “Settings” under “Startup and Recovery” in the open window.

4. Tick “Write an event to the system log” and select “Small memory dump” under “write debugging information”. And then click “OK” button.

5. Please find Minidump folder under C:\Windows. Zip all files under this folder and send it to us when blue screen happens again.

Guidance also can be found at http://blog.nirsoft.net/2010/07/27/how-to-configure-windows-to-create-minidump-files-on-bsod/

Archived