IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Feedback

Kaijin

I've been using ASC 9 Beta 3.0 for 3 days now.

Compared to ASC 8, the GUI is better and the software works very well, apart from one feature that I used before and now it seems to not work in the same way and that's "SmartRAM".

In ASC 8 the application always kept the RAM of my system relatively low, unless I was doing something that demanded the RAM usage.

I have 4Gb DDR 667MHz and the average RAM usage with the system idle was around 700-900Mb.

With "SmartRAM" from ASC 9, the average ram usage with the system idle is around 1900-2000Mb.

I haven't installed anything since I uninstalled ASC 8 and installed ASC 9 or did I change any system settings, so I assume the difference in RAM usage is the way the "SmartRAM" application works now.

Apart from this minor issue, the new version is improved, I like it a lot, the only suggestion I would made is a few more skins, but maybe that's going to happen when the application is fully functional.

Thanks for you continued hard work and improvement on all your products, I use ASC, "Smart Defrag 4", "Driver Booster 3" and "IObit Uninstaller", all of them extremely useful and with excellent performance.

Regards from Portugal, I hope my English isn't very bad,

Nuno Sousa

Hi Kaijin,

Please kindly send us the related screenshot of the Performance Monitor or us to look into.

Also, please double click on the RAM graphic in Performance Monitor, take a screenshot of the Memory window in Resource Monitor.

Guide for taking screenshot.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Besides, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelperV9.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop, please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I'm very pleased to say that after the last update of ASC9 my RAM usage is "back to normal".

SmartRam seems to be working even better now, I'm getting values of used RAM lower than before.

Thanks for the continued work on your products, they are very reliable.

Regards,

Nuno Sousa

Archived