IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC 3.01 update problem

AiboPals

I have installed the 3.01 version and still nothing updates, I press check updates, select a server (both choices result in the same) and then wait and wait and wait. :roll:

It just says retrieving update information, please wait.

I was encouraged by the change to ASC and even considered buying it aka going to pro, but the failure to successfully update over the past two weeks leaves me determined not to pay for a product that wont work the way it is supposed to, assuming there is a proper solution to this I will gladly reconsider.

I have disabled firewall and antivirus in an attempt to get this working, I am on vista business (fully updated).

So any suggestions would be very welcome (polite ones of course)

Hi AiboPals

I suppose we are talking about the free personal version.

Unfortunately I do not have that version on my computer at the moment, so I do not know of any issues with the updating in that version.

Some other user may chirp in with a proposal.

How did you install the free version?

Did you have the beta versions beforehand - and did the update work there?

Cheers

solbjerg

I have installed the 3.01 version and still nothing updates, I press check updates, select a server (both choices result in the same) and then wait and wait and wait. :roll:

It just says retrieving update information, please wait.

I was encouraged by the change to ASC and even considered buying it aka going to pro, but the failure to successfully update over the past two weeks leaves me determined not to pay for a product that wont work the way it is supposed to, assuming there is a proper solution to this I will gladly reconsider.

I have disabled firewall and antivirus in an attempt to get this working, I am on vista business (fully updated).

So any suggestions would be very welcome (polite ones of course)

Hi AiboPals

I suppose we are talking about the free personal version.

Unfortunately I do not have that version on my computer at the moment, so I do not know of any issues with the updating in that version.

Some other user may chirp in with a proposal.

How did you install the free version?

Did you have the beta versions beforehand - and did the update work there?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, yes it is the free personal version, I was using the AWC before version 3.0 of ASC, the updates worked fine until I switched to ASC, I have had the same problem with version 3.0 and 3.01

tear it all out

Hi AiboPals-Sounds like your best bet is to uninstall and start from square one.First shut down the utility(right click on the ASC icon in the tray and choose exit)-uninstall it-go in and remove the AWC and/orASC folder-make sure you clean up anything pertaining to either one.Then perform a reg clean with something like CCleaner or Reg Seeker.Now you can start with a fresh download and install-let us know how it goes-best of luck

Hi AiboPals,

Are you behind a proxy?

If not, please check "IObit Live Update" window=>click "Click here to configure update settings"=>if "Network Settings" window is complately empty.

Is your firewall settings are adjusted for the internet access of ASC 3?

FYI:

Last update (UpdateLog.txt) was on 21.11.2008 with :

Database File(C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\Def.dbd)

Today,

the Database date under "Overview" is: 10.12.2008.

Cheers.

Hi AiboPals-Sounds like your best bet is to uninstall and start from square one.First shut down the utility(right click on the ASC icon in the tray and choose exit)-uninstall it-go in and remove the AWC and/orASC folder-make sure you clean up anything pertaining to either one.Then perform a reg clean with something like CCleaner or Reg Seeker.Now you can start with a fresh download and install-let us know how it goes-best of luck

Did all you suggested and no joy unfortunately, still the same inability to update

Hi AiboPals,

Are you behind a proxy?

If not, please check "IObit Live Update" window=>click "Click here to configure update settings"=>if "Network Settings" window is complately empty.

Is your firewall settings are adjusted for the internet access of ASC 3?

FYI:

Last update (UpdateLog.txt) was on 21.11.2008 with :

Database File(C:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\Def.dbd)

Today,

the Database date under "Overview" is: 10.12.2008.

Cheers.

No proxy and the firewall is set to allow, although I even switched it off in an attempt to get the update to go through

Hi AiboPals

Strange!

Did you follow detailers recommandations to the letter?

Or the post "Install-Uninstall-Reinstall -

And no proxy problem?

Is your firewall blocking the function?

Cheers

solbjerg

Did all you suggested and no joy unfortunately, still the same inability to update

No proxy and the firewall is set to allow, although I even switched it off in an attempt to get the update to go through

Hi AiboPals

Strange!

Did you follow detailers recommandations to the letter?

Or the post "Install-Uninstall-Reinstall -

And no proxy problem?

Is your firewall blocking the function?

Cheers

solbjerg

To the letter and some, I threw in a reboot too

Enable proxy is not selected and the sections are blank, except the port which states 8080 (greyed out)

I set the firewall to allow and as I stated twice, I also tried with the firewall turned off completely

Hi AiboPals

Sounds as if the best course of action is to contact IObit support directly.

And then hope they have a solution - in hopefully a very short time.

Good luck!

solbjerg

p.s. just one extra thought - it isn't by chance the 30 day free version you are using - is it?

To the letter and some, I threw in a reboot too

Enable proxy is not selected and the sections are blank, except the port which states 8080 (greyed out)

I set the firewall to allow and as I stated twice, I also tried with the firewall turned off completely

Hi AiboPals

Sounds as if the best course of action is to contact IObit support directly.

And then hope they have a solution - in hopefully a very short time.

Good luck!

solbjerg

p.s. just one extra thought - it isn't by chance the 30 day free version you are using - is it?

I got it from http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html there is no mention of a 30 day free version (and no I didnt select the pro version with trialpay thing)

I will contact support directly, although the submit enquiry form didnt permit me to explain the issues or link to the post, all very strange.

Thanks for trying to help

Hi AiboPals

I just saw that the free file and the pro file are the same size for version 301 while the size for pro version 300 is larger. Why this is so I do not know.

Cheers

solbjerg

I got it from http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html there is no mention of a 30 day free version (and no I didnt select the pro version with trialpay thing)

I will contact support directly, although the submit enquiry form didnt permit me to explain the issues or link to the post, all very strange.

Thanks for trying to help

• 3 weeks later...

Problem with IObit Live Update

I purchased the PRO version, but I am also having a problem with the IObit Live Update not functioning properly.

1. From Advanced SystemCare PRO (ver 3.1.1) main screen, I selected "Check for Update"

2. The IObit Live Update window opened, stating, "Retrieving update information, please wait..."

3. Six hours later, nothing has changed, no updates were downloaded.

4. I've tried to click on "Click here to configure update settings" but it is greyed out and doesn't respond. My only option is to select the "Close" button and confirm that I do wish to stop the [non-functioning] update window.

5. Previously, I've even let it run over 12 hours, and nothing gets done. It appears I am not able to get any updates at all. How can I fix this?

- Bud Marks

One more shot?

Hi again AiboPals-Not to run you in circles,but have a look at this thread,and try a fresh download from the link provided to the CNET site.And of course,as you know,start clean-no folder-nothing-use reg.edit or reg seeker if you're comfortable with that sort of thing.Otherwise your problem is beyond me-so sorry-Happy New Year anyway!

Archived