IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Product Feature Suggestions & Feedback

MrClosed

Hi there.

Here are some suggestions I have for your product based on my experience from the previous versions and current beta version of IMF.

I would like to hear everyone’s opinions on the features I suggested below.

+Support a wide range of browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Palemoon, Opera.

• I use the Opera browser, however I do not see the surfing protection when checking extensions manager; only enabled in Internet Explorer 11.
  • I think you should consider this compatibility support, so you have a higher chance of getting people to know and use IMF since not all major antivirus brands support all or most browsers.

+Offer Additional engine with IMF

-For example, free version gets the IMF + Avira or Kaspersky engine, while Pro version gets that and additionally the Bitdefender engine. This rewards paid users with all three engines available for use: Bitdefender, Avira, IMF while still making IMF still an attractive free alternative.

- The free market of AV’s is getting competitive, and if IMF wants to be a viable and competitive solution versus free version suites existing like Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, Qihoo360 AV, Tenencent Manager, and upcoming free versions from Kaspersky, Comodo, and McAfee, then IMF needs to be more than what it currently is.

+Whitelisting capabilities with cloud integrated

• This can be a simple, yet effective layer of protection that can stop most if not all attempts of viruses attempting to run while IMF can detect and remove it.
  • I believe this can vastly improve IMF blocking rate and lower down chances of infection to the system giving the product a competitive edge.

+Sandboxing Feature

• Sandboxing unknown applications not declared safe by IMF & Bitdefender Cloud database.
  • Very useful feature especially that can be handy in regards to zero day threats.

+VirusTotal Report Scan Feature

-When a unidentified file is found in either whitelisting process or through the sandbox, a virustotal report will be shown integrated into the UI.

- People like choices, or as much second opinions when dealing with the unknown. Having this feature is great thing for advanced users who would use this product.

+Scan for PUPs (potentially unwanted program)

• A lot of adware and spyware comes from PUP applications. I remember a technician once saying that he found more PUPs on a computer system that was causing problems than viruses or malware.

+Active Scanning or on demand scanning of tracking cookies

• Even with cookie guard on, I cannot tell if it is doing its job since no report or notification is given whether from real-time or on demand scan.

+Improve the Web Protection module

• Add Anti-Phishing protection (There are many open anti- phishing databases you can use from the web like PhishTank, and can probability integrate this into the suite
  • Honestly, having this feature is a key nowadays since most threats come from the web when you are browsing and not all people have safe browsing habits.
  • Again from the top, compatibility with most browsers like Opera, Palemoon, etc…

+Multi Engine Severity Level Report

• Everytime custom file is scanned through each of the AV engines integrated and available in IMF, a rating will be displayed based on the detection results. Ex: (1/3) – Low Threat Probably a FP, (2/3) Medium Threat – Caution, contains behavior similar to active malware, (3/3) Confirmed threat to your computer. Immediate Action is recommended.
  • This will help people, especially everyday users who aren’t really concern or knowledgeable take malware seriously (and not simply exclude it or something).

Another thing that might help IMF get more credibility and noticeable if you pair it up with Hitman Pro Alert. If you guys could make a deal with them and offer a promo on the two products it might improves sales of the product.

Hitman Pro Alert is a rock solid anti-exploit and vulnerability protection app that could cover IMF in that area of security.

Overall, really light on performance so that is good but not really new.

I can’t say on the protection abilities until I setup a testing environment in which to fully test the production modules and overall blocking through the browser or as individual files on the windows desktop.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived