IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Browser Sync settings without IE/Bing

It would be very nice if one could select a primary Web Browser and sync the settings, such as default search engine, from it to the other browsers present on the machine. I don't think I even have IE11 on this ASUS ROG G571JY laptop after upgrading it from Win8 Pro Home to Win8.1 Pro x64. I know I don't want to use Bing in most cases and never as a default general purpose browser.

I want ASC's Browser sync to default to whatever flavor of Firefox I'm using at the moment, and use https://www.google.com (or whatever I select) as the default search engine. ASC Ultimate 9 b1.0 does not let me change the default browser search engine and (perhaps because) it can't find IE* on this computer and some others I run. I'm sure there is a manual way for me to set this default. Would you please tell me how to do it?

Currently, I use Firefox, Cyberfox, Waterfox, Chrome and often beta/developer versions of same when available. It got to the point where using browser sync was worth the hassle of setting it up and managing whatever differences I want in browser settings between machines.

Regards,

TMG

Archived