IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Fighter 3.4.0.9 Free - Quarantine option not working and potential false positive

dizneyguy

I have a Lenovo G570 laptop with Win7. A full scan with auto-repair deleted 'esrv.exe', which is part of my Intel battery management suite. I wanted to restore it and scan with other vendor products but it wasn't in the quarantine list. Odd - I thought I had the 'Quarantine threats when deleting them' selected. Double-checked that... and yes it is selected. So consider that point a bug report.

The report entry says:

Misleading.FakeAV, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\esrv.EXE, 2016580

I cannot say this was definitely a false positive, but Malwarebytes didn't catch it last week. My issue is that the file was deleted and I don't appear to be able to get it back. I downloaded the IOBit Toolbox and tried to recover it with Undelete, but it was not found with the 'All Files' option. I appear to be screwed.

Any thoughts or advice on recovering that file appreciated. I do NOT want to do a full 'harddrive reset to factory' to get it.

Hi dizneyguy,

Welcome to IObit Forum! Have you solved the issue now? Guessing enoskype has helped you out of it.

By the way, the item you mentioned is not a file but registry. For these registries, it will be deleted directly as you mentioned. We will make improvements in the future.

Hi dizneyguy,

Sorry to hear that.

Well, you can re-create the registry under the the same path Misleading.FakeAV, REG, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\esrv.EXE, 2016580 manually. Or do you know what the registry is for? If you know, you can re-install the program to get the registry back. :-)

Archived