IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Just ran Malware Fighter and ZERO threats reported. Yet horrible results appear running Spy Hunter - 772 Threats including MPC and Aartemis

junieb247

How can I feel safe with just my Iobit products after this? I do know I had issues, crazy things popped up after kids had downloaded something and I attempted to remove. I ran Malware fighter (with updated Database) to see if I had it all cleaned up. I used Powerful Uninstall, and ran Malware fighter again. BOTH TIMES the result was nothing found.

I am so sad. Iobit has been my go-to software for keeping my computer running well. Adv. System Care Pro seems to work well, but now I am feeling a bit hoodwinked. How do I know any of my Iobit products are that great, when I see this huge list of infections...and the list DOES contain items I have actually seen in process, so I know at least part of the list of 772 threats is right. Would some of you guys run SpyHunter 4 just to see what you find?

My friend, unfortunately, Spy Hunter 4 is known to be a malicious "scamware" on the web!... :-( :!: IOBIT Malware Fighter is maybe not the best antimalware software in the world at the moment, but at least it's a genuine one constantly improving itself; on the other hand, this Spy Hunter 4 thing will find hundreds of false positives just to trick you... I found many good informations on the web about this "scamware", but mainly in my language (french). You should probably Google it by yourself in your own language (english, I presume) to realize it by yourself. If I can give you a good advice, you should try to repair the possible damages made by this piece of crap on your PC downloading and using as soon as possible any good, free and famous antimalware software (like Malwarebyte's Antimalware Free, for example) then scan again with Malware Fighter to finish the clean up if you wish. Of course, don't forget to uninstall this Spy Hunter 4 before proceeding to the disinfection of your PC (you could use IOBIT Uninstaller to do so, it does a really good job)! I hope this will be enough and that all will be fine for you. Thumbs up

Good luck and have a nice day anyway!

Hi junieb247 and LudorFlorez,

Thanks for your feedback.

To look into the issue, could you please send us the scan log by Spy Hunter so that we can look it further.

By the way, different products have different standards. Thus, it does mean the more problems can be found the better the products are. Besides, some threats are not really threats as LudorFlorez described. Certainly, we will continue to expand our database to ensure your safety.

@ LudorFlorez, sincerely thanks for your detailed reply. :-)

Well, actually, I figured out that the spyhunter 4 was a piece of trash, but it was the only thing that removed MPC Cleaner and a whole load of other stuff from my computer. Iobit didn't detect it. All I know is that I appreciate being able to come here and share this, so maybe some other newbie will learn from my mistake. I stupidly downloaded an Office Pro 2013 package that wasn't from MS. Always, ALWAYS be sure when you download something that the agreement doesn't say anything about allowing 3rd party software and etc. That is how that MPC program and a TON of horrible adware attacked my computer. :-x Maybe I am getting dumber in my old age, but I did learn quite a bit having to deal with this mess the past 3-4 days. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n215494[/ATTACH]

AND Also that I should have come here first to ask. I freaked out when I realized what I had done...I knew better!

Doing something like that is the best teacher, but if someone can learn from my mistake, that will suffice :oops:

THANK YOU BOTH!!

Archived