IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Ran Smart Defrag v5 and my drives dissapeared

fuzmorten

I've had SDv4 on my computers for a while and ran it within the last 10 days. I upgraded to SDv5 tonight, ran Analyze and Defragment and my 2 HDDs 4Tb with 2Tb data, and 3Tb with 1.5Tb no longer appear. As in no indication under Computer that I have other HDDs only the SSD with the operating system and programs. Ive never had this happen when running any defrag program. I opened "MiniTool Partition Wizard" and it doesn't see the disks either.

Hi fuzmorten,

This is Cicely.

Do you mean that Smart Defrag 5 fails to detect your 3 HDDs which can be detected by Smart Defrag 4?

If yes, please download the tool from: http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD5InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• 2 months later...

Hi there I have a similar problem. My HDD has failed did a chkdsk /f i: got the drive working then Defrag 5 ran and now the HDD shows in the directory but can not be accessed at all. I am at the moment doing another chkdsk /F I: but the dos is saying Stage 3: "CHKDSK is verifying usn jounrnal", been like this for hours now. what should I do here please thanks in advance Jeff on the Central Coast of NSW

Hello Mannaoz,

Sorry about the problem you encountered.

Could you please send us a screenshot of the situation?

Guide for taking screen shots can be found on:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

Please also tell us the operations you took with our program before you encounter this problem.

And to look into the issue, please download the tool from: http://testdemo.iobit.com/SD5InfoHelper.exe

Then double click to run this tool and click “Save report to Desktop”. You will get a zipped file IObit_Debug_Info.zip on your desktop. Please send it to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi there people.

I have been able to reset my HDD using the cmd to DOS at the start menu.

And then "chkdsk /F my drive", nothing seemed to happen at the start of the process but has taken 2 days to recover.

I am at the moment transferring all the data from that drive onto a new drive so I am hoping for a majority of data to be reclaimed

Will then do a re format see if there are too many bad sectors if so dispose of the drive in the garbage.

I thank for your concern all.

Jeff on the Central Coast of NSW Australia.

Hello Mannaoz,

Thanks for your reply.

It is normal that it take a long time to finish chkdsk/F. And we found you have exit the progress of chkdsk according to the photo.

Could you PC run normally now?

And It's a pity that Smart Defrag can help you little with this situation.

Have a good time.

Archived