IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 1.03

Hello, I am very new here, so be gentle. I am running the latest 1.03, and Advanced Systemcare Pro and I am wondering something...

If I tell the defrag to Defrag AND Optimize - does the AUTO Defrag know the difference? I think the 1st time I ran it, I said to Defrag & Optimize, and while it did take a while, it finished. I am running Vista 64-bit by the way...

Now when I go to run it again? It says it will take 300+ DAYS!

So I am attempting just a plain Defrag without Optimization?

Says it will take 47 Hours? Is this NORMAL?

Thanks.

Hi meerupps,

I have seen that there is a bug in this version that they are trying to work out that causes the est. time to be much higher than it actually takes. It has to do with the program trying to use windows clock timing I believe. If you run defrag & optimize the first time it does take a while, but it shouldn't take near as long after the initial file placement. I don't think it will take near as long as the estimates are showing right now. I just ran a defrag only that showed an estimate of 45 minutes and it took 41 seconds.

samr.

Hi meerupps

Yes there is some trouble with the timing - IObit is working on it - I hope for a solution in the next released update.

Your case - it is hard to say, we do not know the size of the disc, the level of fragmentation and how much used space.

Personally I would never run an automated defrag (which by the way is just defragging), while I tried to run a manual Defrag&Optimize.

There is also the question of very large files, pictures- videos (which I would keep seperately on another disc - at least while the defrag&optimize was running)

Yesterday I downloaded SD 1.03 to my girlfriends computer, which I by the way had just formatted and reinstalled Windows on.

The results were: (defrag&optimize setting)

At start it said 26:-:- Hours

After 2 minutes it said 25:- minutes

After 9 minutes it said 23:- minutes

After 11 minutes it finished.

About 15 Gb of data on the disc.

This result is about the same as I see in my own machine.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hours later, look at the start of this thread - that is when I started a Normal, Non-Optimized Defrag. Now I am at 4% - This is a Bug?

Please let me know...

Archived