IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Malware Fighter CPU usage

MaddogGt

For some reason my IMF version 5 likes to, at random, use approx 16% cpu resources constantly, while not scanning. No automatic scanning or anything is enabled, and its not running a scan. No matter if I leave the computer alone for a day, it will remain using 16% cpu. If I disable the task in task manager and restart IMF it stops and runs as normal. Any ideas? Its only since version 5. I do have ASC Ultimate 10 as well so maybe a conflict? Very annoying. I tried a clean uninstall and reinstall, same thing happens. It can happen anytime, can go all day ok, then suddenly it starts using CPU for no reason and remains there till I either restart the computer or the process. Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n220106[/ATTACH]

Hi MaddogGt.

I would llke to help, can you share system specs, OS version?

Have you tried uninstalling ASC 10 to test if there is a conflict?

Cheers %5B/size%5D%5B/font%5D%5B/color%5Dhttps://imagicon.info/cat/13-84/vbsmile.png' alt='vbsmile.png'>

Windows Defender is off. I have Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, Build 15063.138, 64bit

16GB Ram, AMD 8370 CPU, Gigabyte 990FXUD3 Motherboard, Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070 8GB Video card (Nothing is overclocked)

128GB Adata SSD (OS drive), Seagate barracuda 1TB HDD, and Western Digital Black 1TB HDD

Google Drive running, MS Onedrive running, ASC 10 Pro tray running, GForce Experience Running, Logitech Gaming Sofwtare Running, Steam Running

Logitech G510S Keyboard, G100s mouse, and Logitech G430 Headset

LG 55" LED HD screen.

ASC 10 is installed and running fine. This issue only happens randomly. Once it starts, IMF will remain at 16% CPU until I either force close the task or restart the PC. No scheduled scans, scan when idle, etc are all disabled. I thought it was loading to scan in the background or something, but no.

All latest drivers, also have Iobit Driver Booster, and Smart Defrag. Right now CPU is at 0-2% at idle as it should be. However the issue just randomly happens. Does IMF try to schedule a scan against its settings? Or a hidden conflict with ASC 10 or some other local/network activity activate it? But its not doing anything as no memory, drive, or network activity. Just cpu when it happens. I uninstalled all Iobit software and problem didnt happen of course, but reinstalled and it happened again. Trying to see whats triggering it but no conclusion yet. Thanks.

Hi MaddogGt,

Welcome to our forum and thanks for your continual reply.

To look into the issue you mentioned, please take the steps as follows:

1) Please send us the related screenshots to "which process drains those 16 % CPU?"

Guide for taking screen shots can be found on: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

2) Please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe.

Double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click 'Save report'.

After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click 'OK' button to open that saved folder.

Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

@iotop, sincerely thanks for your timely reply and kindly help.:-)Thumbs up

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Archived