IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC3 Pro

LuckyOswald

Hi Fellas - I'm brand new here, not too tech savvy, so I can say now - I need layman's terms, layman's!

I downloaded and paid for ASC Pro - I have that friggin "Trojan" virus on my comp and it's a real bastard to get rid of :x. A couple of weeks prior I downloaded "Webroot" - it's seems a little slow and a pain in the tuckus...before I get to the actual problem, is it okay that I have both??

Now, when I try to run the "Maintain" function on ASC3 - it freezes at the end of registry repair - I've tried 4 times today alone...it still freezes.

Any ideas?

O.

Hi Lucky

Have you had any IObit application installed previously?

What trojan are you talking about.

What anti virus program do you use?

Generally I would not advocate the use of several applications to do the same thing (layman's comment) but usually it works anyway, - in your instance I do not know - but I am sure several here on the forum will have experience with it.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Fellas - I'm brand new here, not too tech savvy, so I can say now - I need layman's terms, layman's!

I downloaded and paid for ASC Pro - I have that friggin "Trojan" virus on my comp and it's a real bastard to get rid of :x. A couple of weeks prior I downloaded "Webroot" - it's seems a little slow and a pain in the tuckus...before I get to the actual problem, is it okay that I have both??

Now, when I try to run the "Maintain" function on ASC3 - it freezes at the end of registry repair - I've tried 4 times today alone...it still freezes.

Any ideas?

O.

what do you mean by freezes? and do you have deep scan on? if you do, then its normal. do you mean it hangs on a single point? if it hangs, thats normal. if the entire program freezes, thats not. if it hangs just wait for it. before with glary utilities, it used to hang on certain items and take quite a while.

note: if you would like to try a different registry cleaner, id say eusing or free tuneup utilities 2007 http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/downloads/2231665/tuneup-utilities-2007

Ok, I don't have a problem with freezes anymore, so that's taken care of.

The issue I still have after running ASC3 Pro is that 5 minutes later Trojan/Virtum-Gem - a self-replicating virus & Mal/FakeAvjs-A pops back up and installs crap on my computer, ad-ware, pop-ups, it attempts to "scan" my computer.

I've already paid for ASC3 Pro, and it's getting really frustrating trying just to clean and completely rid my computer of this virus. I only use Norton and Webroot, not sure what other systems are compatible.

Are there specifics for getting rid of self-replicating viruses?

not much people are fans of norton here and asc3 pro isnt a malwae remover, you want to try something like avast or avira or some trial. antivirus of the year is avira(highest detection rate). You will also want a antispyware like super antispyware or spybot. malwarebytes is also good. theyre free so give them a try.

if you know what product its trying to install you can look online for fixes.

Just my 2 cents

Hi LO-Right off the bat,I can tell you Norton has a great deal to do with the freezing problem as well as your Trogan.In my experience,Norton and Webroot do not play well together.I am currently evaluating Norton 360 for 2009 in Beta,and I run Webroot alongside Avira Personal.Your little nasty is from the Virtumonde or Vundo family,and should easily be handled by Avira Personal.I would recommend you install Avira,that is unless you have a long term paid commitment to Norton.Avira and Webroot work well together,and the great thing about Avira besides being freeware is that it's designed to be compatible with other security software.To eradicate your particular infection,(in the unlikely event Avira can't)I would try MalwareBytes(free)or SuperAntiSpyware(also free)-you can keep both of those in addition to your current protection and use them as "scanners" for detection purposes as the free versions do not include real time protection or defense.Just break them out once a week and run a scan,and be sure to update them as auto updates are not included in the free versions either.If you choose not to "install" any more software,you can try Trend-Micro Housecall,a very effective scanner and virus manager.Best of luck.Additionally,if you would like my evaluation of Norton products,past, present,and future(beta)send me a "private message" for an honest review.

Archived