IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare 11 breaks Windows 10 app icons

Doomelf

After applying the settings from "System Optimization" and "Security Reinforce" I lost the icons of most Windows 10 apps and they were replaced with blue squares. After making a clean install the problem was fixed, but I do not know which of these changes caused it. Could it be a service required to display the icons and with ASC changing it to cause the icons to break? If anyone can help it would mean a lot :-)

There is another problem, where ASC 11 causes Quick Access to automatically recreate the unpinned folders and those pinned by me. Fortunately I managed to find a fix, by going to "%AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations" and changing the permissions of the files to not be deleted. It was the only thing that managed to fix this as after a restart any changes to Quick Access would be reset to defaults if not for that. This issue was not there before using ASC 11.

After applying the settings from "System Optimization" and "Security Reinforce" I lost the icons of most Windows 10 apps and they were replaced with blue squares. After making a clean install the problem was fixed, but I do not know which of these changes caused it. Could it be a service required to display the icons and with ASC changing it to cause the icons to break? If anyone can help it would mean a lot :-)

There is another problem, where ASC 11 causes Quick Access to automatically recreate the unpinned folders and those pinned by me. Fortunately I managed to find a fix, by going to "%AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations" and changing the permissions of the files to not be deleted. It was the only thing that managed to fix this as after a restart any changes to Quick Access would be reset to defaults if not for that. This issue was not there before using ASC 11.

Hi Doomelf,

1) What changes have you made to settings of "System Optimization" and "Security Reinforce"?

2) For the quick access issue you reported, please Run Advanced SystemCare PRO->Click Options and choose Settings->Click Junk File Clean and untick the option before Taskbar Jump List->Click OK.

Thanks.

1) I have not made any changes right now, because somewhere in the System Optimization and Security Reinforce there is an option, which breaks apps in Windows 10. I can list you the options I get, when I scan with those two though. Please take a look at the file I attached with the scan results. Those are the options I previously made to the PC, which resulted in the apps breaking.

2) The option before Taskbar Jump List is Thumbnail Cache and I always have it unchecked in ASC and all other programs like CCleaner that have such option. I have also modified the registry so that Windows 10 does not automatically delete thumbnails on startup by going to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Thumbnail Cache => setting Autoruns to 0. I have searched for a way to fix this issue a lot and the only way that works is by going to "%AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations" and changing the permissions of the files to not be deleted. Otherwise, Quick Access gets automatically reset to default folders after restarting my PC. I mostly find this happening on the next day, when I start my computer.

I know this is just a workaround, but I have no idea what is causing the problem. Before installing ASC everything was fine. The moment I had it installed and ran a scan without System Optimization and Security Reinforce the Quick Access was reset.

1) I have not made any changes right now, because somewhere in the System Optimization and Security Reinforce there is an option, which breaks apps in Windows 10. I can list you the options I get, when I scan with those two though. Please take a look at the file I attached with the scan results. Those are the options I previously made to the PC, which resulted in the apps breaking.

2) The option before Taskbar Jump List is Thumbnail Cache and I always have it unchecked in ASC and all other programs like CCleaner that have such option. I have also modified the registry so that Windows 10 does not automatically delete thumbnails on startup by going to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\Thumbnail Cache => setting Autoruns to 0. I have searched for a way to fix this issue a lot and the only way that works is by going to "%AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations" and changing the permissions of the files to not be deleted. Otherwise, Quick Access gets automatically reset to default folders after restarting my PC. I mostly find this happening on the next day, when I start my computer.

I know this is just a workaround, but I have no idea what is causing the problem. Before installing ASC everything was fine. The moment I had it installed and ran a scan without System Optimization and Security Reinforce the Quick Access was reset.

Hi Doomelf,

Would you please kindly send us the requested file by taking the steps below?

Please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe.

Then double click to run this tool on the PC with problem and click "Save report".

After it finishes, you will get a pop up window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved. Click "OK" button to open that saved folder.

Please send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into.

For the sake of fixing this issue I applied the setting changes from System Optimization and Security Reinforce. To my surprise, this time it did not break the apps. I also applied the changes suggested by Deep Optimization in the Speed Up tab to see if the problem was there, but turns out it was not.

A strange thing occurred though. When I tried to save the report Quick Access was reset, but only after running InfoHelper. It was not a recurring system issue like before due to me disabling permissions for the files in "%AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations" to be deleted by the system. Two out of the three times I ran the program this happened. Very peculiar.

Yes, Thumbnail Cache option is not ticked. I will send you a few screenshots to confirm this.

Hi Doomelf,

Please note that the option should be unchecked is Taskbar Jump List, not Thumbnail Cache.

Please refer to our screenshot.

Hi Doomelf,

1) What changes have you made to settings of "System Optimization" and "Security Reinforce"?

2) For the quick access issue you reported, please Run Advanced SystemCare PRO->Click Options and choose Settings->Click Junk File Clean and untick the option before Taskbar Jump List->Click OK.

Thanks.

Hi Doomelf,

For question 1, our experts will further look into it.

For question 2, we notice that you have ticked the option before Taskbar Jump List from your log file. Would you please re-confirm this in Settings?

Cheers.

The option before Taskbar Jump List is Thumbnail Cache, but the thing is that cleaning the Taskbar Jump List does not seem to be the problem causing Quick Access to be reset. Even after cleaning it I do not see Quick Access resetting itself. Somehow either ASC 11 or maybe Windows itself is deleting the files in "%AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations". As I stated before, I managed to find a workaround for this problem so I am not concerned with it anymore.

The main issue is that an optimization from ASC 11 located somewhere in System Optimization, Security Reinforce or the Speed Up => Deep Optimization section may be causing the loss of Windows 10 app icons. I am not certain of this, because when I applied those settings nothing of that sort happened this time compared to previous attempts. It may be a matter of Windows 10 not installing properly. I am just glad the IObit team is looking further into the problem.

The option before Taskbar Jump List is Thumbnail Cache, but the thing is that cleaning the Taskbar Jump List does not seem to be the problem causing Quick Access to be reset. Even after cleaning it I do not see Quick Access resetting itself. Somehow either ASC 11 or maybe Windows itself is deleting the files in "%AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations". As I stated before, I managed to find a workaround for this problem so I am not concerned with it anymore.

The main issue is that an optimization from ASC 11 located somewhere in System Optimization, Security Reinforce or the Speed Up => Deep Optimization section may be causing the loss of Windows 10 app icons. I am not certain of this, because when I applied those settings nothing of that sort happened this time compared to previous attempts. It may be a matter of Windows 10 not installing properly. I am just glad the IObit team is looking further into the problem.

Hi Doomelf,

For question 1, we will let you know if we have new findings.

For question 2, there is a misunderstanding in my expression, the option before Taskbar Jumps List means the check box before Taskbar Jumps List . Please try to uncheck Taskbar Jumps List directly when your Quick Access was reset again.

So sorry for my mistake.

Archived