IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

DB installed outdated, malfunctioning version of Intel Wireless AC-9560

1motiur1

I am running an Intel NUC with the Intel Wireless AC-9560 WiFi adapter. It was previously on version 20.80.0.5 (07/30/2018) with no issues. I used Driver Booster 6.2 and it gave me 20.100.0.4 (11/01/2018) which caused me problems. I had trouble even connecting to a network (had to re-enter the password too), and the internet was as slow as dial-up or didn't even work at all. I then used Device Manager to update, and it gave me a newer update 20.110.0.3 (11/28/2018) which had no issues.

Considering that the latest update Device Manager has is over two months old, how often does DB update their driver database? I'm surprised a malfunctioning version has been up for a while. Should I be relying more on Windows Update for drivers? That is the impression I am getting here.

I am running an Intel NUC with the Intel Wireless AC-9560 WiFi adapter. It was previously on version 20.80.0.5 (07/30/2018) with no issues. I used Driver Booster 6.2 and it gave me 20.100.0.4 (11/01/2018) which caused me problems. I had trouble even connecting to a network (had to re-enter the password too), and the internet was as slow as dial-up or didn't even work at all. I then used Device Manager to update, and it gave me a newer update 20.110.0.3 (11/28/2018) which had no issues.

Considering that the latest update Device Manager has is over two months old, how often does DB update their driver database? I'm surprised a malfunctioning version has been up for a while. Should I be relying more on Windows Update for drivers? That is the impression I am getting here.

Hi Motiur1,

Welcome to IObit forum. And sorry for the trouble.

You may know that to make sure the drivers in our database are stable enough for most computers, we have more strict rules to filter drivers, which takes us longer time to test. That's why sometimes we are slower to display the outdated drivers, and sometimes we won't even show those that may cause serious PC problems.

Anyway, I will forward your information to our technicians to look into. It will be helpful if you can download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe, >> double click to run this tool>> click 'Save report to Desktop' >> find db_info_xxxx.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file.

Thanks.

Archived