IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Completely Ruined My PC

shannon99

Hi, I am still kicking myself for downloading this product as I didn't like the old version but since it was new I thought why not, well that turned out to be a very bad decision, since downloading and running this product my computer is completely messed up in so many ways that I will probably just end up reformatting the entire thing, which I just did 2 months ago.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up and tell them to watch installing this program, I tried to restore the changes it made but it wouldn't restore them I have lost total access to my Internet Explorer, my internet options, I have no icons left and somehow that stupid mywebsearch got installed after I passed on installing it and brought with it 19 spyware objects, all my e-mail messages are blocked out except for any links in them, it's just ridiculous the amount of damage that was done, I have spent countless hours trying to repair this mess but it is just so far gone that it is not possible, oh and I forgot to mention the fact that this program totally bogged down my system and used up all my resources, thanks I greatly appreciate losing every piece on information that I had on my computer, it even erased all my favorites, nothing like starting from scratch.

If only this product worked like Smart Defrag.

Hi shannon

I am very sorry to hear it!

But did you read the manual? Or the loads of posts about it in the forum?

May angels watch over you!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, I am still kicking myself for downloading this product as I didn't like the old version but since it was new I thought why not, well that turned out to be a very bad decision, since downloading and running this product my computer is completely messed up in so many ways that I will probably just end up reformatting the entire thing, which I just did 2 months ago.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up and tell them to watch installing this program, I tried to restore the changes it made but it wouldn't restore them I have lost total access to my Internet Explorer, my internet options, I have no icons left and somehow that stupid mywebsearch got installed after I passed on installing it and brought with it 19 spyware objects, all my e-mail messages are blocked out except for any links in them, it's just ridiculous the amount of damage that was done, I have spent countless hours trying to repair this mess but it is just so far gone that it is not possible, oh and I forgot to mention the fact that this program totally bogged down my system and used up all my resources, thanks I greatly appreciate losing every piece on information that I had on my computer, it even erased all my favorites, nothing like starting from scratch.

If only this product worked like Smart Defrag.

What's this crap about reading manuals and such.... if you want people to read manuals then take away the freaking "CARE" button. What's the use in putting in an automated cleaning button and then say that people shouldn't use it!

Hi Denniz

The Care button can be used when the settings and the details has been configured.

Cheers

solbjerg

What's this crap about reading manuals and such.... if you want people to read manuals then take away the freaking "CARE" button. What's the use in putting in an automated cleaning button and then say that people shouldn't use it!

That may be the case....... but it's default settings are supposed to be safe enough to use without wrecking havoc, and to be honest the default settings are pretty aggressive already. Also you can't expect people to know everything about the Windows Registry and then how to configure ASC accordingly so it doesn't remove vital parts. People buy these automated programs so they don't have to make the sometimes difficult decisions on what is and isn't safe to remove.

So saying that people should configure ASC before using the Care button is pretty much the same thing as asking a baby to solve a math problem...

Well Denniz

A baby can't read a manual - I'll give you that :-)

Take a look here and see how badly I behaved

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=772&highlight=dishwasher

Cheers

solbjerg

That may be the case....... but it's default settings are supposed to be safe enough to use without wrecking havoc, and to be honest the default settings are pretty aggressive already. Also you can't expect people to know everything about the Windows Registry and then how to configure ASC accordingly so it doesn't remove vital parts. People buy these automated programs so they don't have to make the sometimes difficult decisions on what is and isn't safe to remove.

So saying that people should configure ASC before using the Care button is pretty much the same thing as asking a baby to solve a math problem...

I understand where you are going with you dish washing example, but I don't agree with it. And to humor myself I decided to take a peak at this so-called "manual".

I'm almost 99% sure that most of the problems that some people are having after using ASC (without reading themself up) are related to changes made in the Windows Registry by ASC.

Well I have yet to find a manual in ASC that explains to me what the following options do:

http://i42.tinypic.com/3347urt.jpg

Hi Denniz

I believe that the setting of the details in System Optimization is where most people experience problems.

I exclude the details that I know I need and also the details where I am not quite sure.

This has served me well, - I usually do not have problems.

It is called System Diagnose and when using it click on problems and configure them to what you think or need before clicking repair.

The settings and content of every computer is different, - so that some are experiencing problems is not terribly amazing.

Cheers

solbjerg

I understand where you are going with you dish washing example, but I don't agree with it. And to humor myself I decided to take a peak at this so-called "manual".

I'm almost 99% sure that most of the problems that some people are having after using ASC (without reading themself up) are related to changes made in the Windows Registry by ASC.

Well I have yet to find a manual in ASC that explains to me what the following options do:

http://i42.tinypic.com/3347urt.jpg

Hi enoskype

No, - to tell the truth I didn't really notice, but now that you say so I vaguely remember I felt that something wasn't quite right with the picture, but I thought more about how to express that the regcleaner function finds obsolete entries and strings that has no parent or doesnt lead anywhere, and proposes to fix (delete) them, and all the time I thought I have seen that explanation somewhere - but where?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Do you have any idea why Enable Deep Scan checkbox is not shown above the paragraph in the screenshot?

Cheers.

Hi solbjerg,

Do you have any idea why Enable Deep Scan checkbox is not shown above the paragraph in the screenshot?

Cheers.

Good eye!! I didn't catch that either. However, I remember that "can not" be checked unless you have purchased the professional level. The Pro level is much more aggressive.

Was that Pro or not that cleaned too aggressively for him?

8)

Well I took the screenshot of my own Pro version of ASC (I'm a registered owner of my own payed version), and the option is selected on with me, I myself noticed it to that the screenshot didn't show the checkbox, so I re-took the screenshot, but same result. Somehow my screenshot program in Vista doesn't seem to see the checkmark?? :?

Anyway, the deepscan option is not the primary thing I was talking about, my point was that most people won't know what those other registry cleaning options do also... and the manual doesn't state it either.

Hi Denniz

Is it possible to run a sfc /scannow command in Vista?

Cheers

solbjerg

Well I took the screenshot of my own Pro version of ASC (I'm a registered owner of my own payed version), and the option is selected on with me, I myself noticed it to that the screenshot didn't show the checkbox, so I re-took the screenshot, but same result. Somehow my screenshot program in Vista doesn't seem to see the checkmark?? :?

Anyway, the deepscan option is not the primary thing I was talking about, my point was that most people won't know what those other registry cleaning options do also... and the manual doesn't state it either.

Archived