IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag 1.1.0.2 available.

enoskype

Smart Defrag 1.1.0.2 available. (Jan13,2009)

Download from Author's Site {NEW (Jan14,2009)}

GUI bug, when used in Vista, is corrected.

Setup File: DefragSetup.exe (2500 KB)

Application File: IObit SmartDefrag.exe (1940 KB)

Application File version: 1.1.0.2

Smart Defrag Update History

-------------------------------

1.10 (Jan 12, 2009)

+ Improved disk map and color legend

+ Added "Fast Optimize"

+ Fully supported Windows XP/Vista 64bit edition

* Fixed general bugs

Tip: You can highly improve defragmenting speed by temporarily disabling the background real-time security program, or adding Smart Defrag into the trust zone or white list of your security program.

Hi Valuater

Application File: IObit SmartDefrag.exe (1940 KB)

(in the SmartDefrag folder)

Application File version: 1.1.0.2

Install file is still called 1.10 (which it actually also is even if it has a new application .exe file)

Cheers

solbjerg

You can delete this after reading

1.10 (Jan 14, 2009)

can't be right

Thanks

8)

Ha-ha, - so that's what it was about!

At least we were allowed to travel into the future! :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Ok guys,

I have taken it from the What's new.txt file, I know it can't be right, but it is correctly taken.:-P

I will put the true date for you. ;-)

Cheers.

I am just trying to find/create a reason. :razz:

Could it be that, 1.1.0.2 is a sub version of 1.1.0?

Is it being too much on the pro side than the con side? :?:

Since there is no About section in SD, I think, at least it should be indicated on the Main GUI. :idea:

It is not a bad idea to give some version and build numbers personally and rename the Setup files just after downloading/installing.

Cheers.

Since there is no About section in SD, I think, at least it should be indicated on the Main GUI.

I agree with that!

I noted that CCleaner shows v2.14.763 in a similar location as the 1.10 of SD

SD should at least follow the main version, if not the sub version also, like this 1.1.0

notice the 1.10 viewed and the actual 1.1.0 main and 1.1.0.2 sub

8)

I do not understand why the settings file was moved to a user specific location instead of keeping it global. Please at least give the option to use a global configuration file located with the program like it used to be, instead of a user specific one. For my uses, this is a deal breaker for me. I will not be able to upgrade to the latest version to include with my distributions until this option is returned.

I don't understand why the option to "run program on startup" even uses the configuration file for this setting. Why not make the setting use the startup registry key directly instead (like every other program made in all of existence does). But this would not even matter if the program would install as a system service.

This program should be installed as a system service by default.

It should also have the options to show a tray icon when logged on: only when defragmenting, always, or never.

And last but surely not least. Please, Please, Please, include a silent install switch. Preferably with an option to silently install without the Yahoo toolbar. I am sure many people would absolutely love to include this program in there distributions, but currently workarounds are required to do so. It would increase your credibility a lot if you include a silent install switch with an additional install switch option for installing without the toolbar.

Archived