IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Detecting wrong CPU

sectioni

Hi,

You have a bug.

I have an Intel® Core™ i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Your software is detecting it as an Intel Xeon E3 - 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen

and says there's an update.

Intel's own scanning software says there is no update.

Hi sectioni,

You may know that driver updates can be provided by a few hardware manufacturers. Rest assured that all our updates are from the legal source. But you may also know that even though the updates are from official resource and tested before being added into our database, they cannot be guaranteed to be error-free. It's up to you to update them or not. But if anything wrong happens, just let us know and we'll try our best to fix it for you.

What does that have to do with what I wrote?

I didn't say your updates don't come from the legal source.

If you detect the wrong cpu, how can you know if there are updates for the right one?

Hi sectioni,

If so, would you please download http://www.cd4o.com/drivers/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe >> double click to run this tool on the problem PC >> click 'Save report to Desktop' >>find db_info_YYYYMMDD.zip on your desktop >> send us the zip file via email dbfeedback@iobit.com? I will forward the zip file to our technicians to analyze and reply you later.

When you send us the zip file via email, please also inform us it's about "Detecting wrong CPU".

Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...