IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

FF Minimise to Tray

Ted

Do any of you FireFox users use the "Minimise to System Tray" tool? If so, what advantage is there over just clicking Minimise instead of Quitting? Also, is this tool compatible with FF3, yet? I've read conflicting answers online.

Showing my ignorance here, but if FF was minimised with a website loaded, wouldn't it be continually downloading data as the page refreshed? Apart from that, the programme would still be using RAM while minimised, wouldn't it?

Hi there, detailer,

Yes, I still like Opera, but unfortunately it doesn't work on the programme I use to have a little flutter now and then on the gee gees. I contacted the T.A.B. about this and they said that their system only supports Internet Explorer and Mozilla FireFox, hence the switch back to FF.

Actually, I am quite happy with FF and apart from a little glitch caused by ASC3s FireFox Optimiser modifying the prefs.js file ( I know you warned me ) and adjusting a security setting in Internet Options so it would download .exe files, I have got it setup with my Speed Dial and all is going really well.

It doesn't launch initially as fast as Opera does (about ten seconds compared to four) and thereafter it takes about four or five seconds to load a blank page. However, I can't complain as IE used to take about twenty seconds to open every time I wanted it.

The addons I've got are: Speed Dial, WOT, Mozilla Archive Format and there's a new one I didn't install and that is Java Quick Starter. I see my NoScript addon has disappeared, I wonder why.

FF

Hi Ted-Ever consider a little tweak to the Fox? There's two for the pipeline that aren't too radical, and should work well with most servers.The load-up time has a lot to do with what else is going on in your OS.Mine's a bit quicker,but I'll trade the slower load for the faster surf any day.

Hi there, detailer,

Yes, I had done the pipeline tweaks that vman sugested in the FF Tune Up suggestions in his "Security" article.

Actually, I've just installed the old 2005 FireFox Preloader and that's done the trick for me. FF now loads after bootup in five seconds and thereafter only one second delay to reload my home page. Brilliant! It can also be unloaded with a mouse-click to release RAM if required.

I've reinstalled NoScript (don't know why it disappeared) and all is now great. I've copied my prefs.js file to a safe location, just in case. Probably not necessary as there is a prefs.js backup file in the Profiles folder.

Archived