IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Spyware Defender?

lostprophet

I regularly viw iobit's webpage, and recently, I found "Spyware Defender" in one of the menus. I remember, I read "Coming Soon!" a couple of years ago (maybe 2).

So will this be a new program (anytime near?), something like ASC, without the registry-repairing-thing, like an antispyware? And will it have a free and a paid version?

Just curious^^

But in the meantime

Hi lostprophet-As a bit of a "security nut",I've been waiting as well.Spyware/Malware is serious business,and new forms and definitions are cranked out by the thousands daily.So,even when your security application is "finished",you're still probably thousands of definition updates in the hole.While we wait patiently for what I hope to be an effective app.,take a look here,and here for some great defense programs,courtesy of Vman and IFP.Best news,many are free :!:

I've really exhausted my options on testing different antiviruses-antispywares-registry cleaners.

So I'm looking forward in seeing some new. And by the look of it, I think Iobit's Spyware Defender can be as favourited as AVG8 (however I h8 it^^), maybe it'll take some time to people recognize it's from the creators of Smart Defrag and ASC :)

Advanced Spyware Remover

I'm currently running this and quite pleased with it. I had to disable the AD Defender (pop-blocker) because it was interfering with pc restart/shutdown.

It can found on IObit main page on the left hand side "IObit partners with Advanced Spyware Remover".

I've used Spyware Terminator for several years until recently. New version has too many problems.

Free,but still MS

Hi Valuater-I've been keeping up on the progress of Morro,and I've got to ask myself,if they couldn't sell it with the MS name attached,where are they going with free?Like many,I'm not anxious to go with a MS product considering the weekly patch fests and obvious shortcomings of IE and Vista.The only upside here is that it seems to have been one of the contributing factors to the recent security sweet give-a-way.Nearly every major developer is making available full one year free subscriptions to their top of the line products.As lostprophet points out,exhausted indeed.It's quite an ordeal testing security suites because they simply won't co-exist .The only type "O" that I can see is Avira.It is,by design, compatible with other security apps.A final word on AVG-just plain gone backwards,period.Almost forgot-thanks luckyvic for pointing out the link on the home page-never noticed it.A little misleading though,as it's advertised as best "free".........but is still @26 bucks.

Ad-Aware Free Anniversary Edition

Quite different than 2008, since yesterday, it is working without a glitch, much faster than 2008 and with much less CPU usage.

The most important part is that Ad-Watch live (Real time process protection) is ON.

Cheers.

Almost forgot-thanks luckyvic for pointing out the link on the home page-never noticed it.A little misleading though,as it's advertised as best "free".........but is still @26 bucks.

I'm using the free version, of course some features are limited, but use with weekly scan from (freewares) SuperAntiSpyware amd MalwareBytes and you're good to go. Haven't had any problems with these protections. Also helping are ZoneAlarm and Avast!

Yeah baby!!

Good news to everybody, we are working on it now, new features, new interface and more...

Looks very sweet, simple, but darn sexy!!

I probably won't go for the beta ( yeah I'm chicken ), can't wait for the final version.

Thanks and keep up the excellent work, really love the IObit world!!

Looks very sweet, simple, but darn sexy!!

I probably won't go for the beta ( yeah I'm chicken ), can't wait for the final version.

Thanks and keep up the excellent work, really love the IObit world!!

My exact thoughts and words too!!

Thanks Tim!!

Valuater

8)

I can't the new skins to work. Help!!

luckyvic

Did you read the "Read Me" file, or did you get it downloaded...

Need more info to help you.. BTW if you had posted in the Skin thread, I would have seen this sooner to help you!!

Cant wait to get my hands on this...im gonna test the living bajeezus out of it.

Gotta Love that approach..... :lol:

8)

Archived