IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Disk Optimization question, ASC 14 free

Brunost

I’ve been using ASC 14 free version and I have a question related to the disk optimization feature. My current computer have a ssd disk and a hdd.

If I check Disk Optimization before I do a scan does ASC automatically detect the ssd disk so that it doesn’t get defragmented?

I noticed in Settings that ASC 14 detects my ssd as a hdd. Would there be a chance that the ASC 14 free version potentially could harm my ssd if I didn’t make

any changes in the settings before I did a disk optimization? I also noticed that the new AI Mode had Disk Optimization checked as default an thus I stopped the scan and chose manual scan instead.

Just go into the settings and change the disk type.

I know that I can change the disk type in the settings. That’s not the problem. But my concerns is more related to if Disk Optimization could do harm to a SSD if the correct disk type wasn’t set correctly prior to optimizing the disk?

If the Disk Optimization feature in ASC can potentially ruin a SSD this feature shouldn’t even exist in the program. Seems like a serious flaw with ASC.

Well, I imagine that your ssd is still working, so we can assume it has not been ruined.

SSD's cannot be defragged, they are Trimmed, so I doubt that Disc Optimisation tried to defrag your SSD.

So, obviously, the sensible thing to do is to make sure your settings are correct.

Unfortunately, I cannot say that. Only Iobit can answer that, and as you can see they are not interested.

I know that they have stated in the forum previously that the program will recognise an SSD and will not defrag it.

So, best not to take the chance, and just ensure your settings are correct.

Well, to me Disk Optimization is a totally redundant function on ASC anyways. Windows already optimizes SSD’s and HDD’s. Windows don’t destroy SSD’s but third-party software do. I would advice anyone not to use this function on ASC. Fiddling in the settings to make sure the program doesn’t bork your computer is not the way to go in my opinion.

Other than that ASC have some nice features.