IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Benchtest Results Before and After Smart Defrag Optimization

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/AfterSD.jpg

These are the most recent HD Tune Pro 350 Benchtest results for my 250 GB C Drive after just 2 months of optimization with Smart Defrag v1.02, v1.03 and v1.1.0.2.

Regularly using the Smart Defrag optimization feature has improved the Read Transfer Rate, Access Time, Burst Rate and even lowered the CPU usage not only of this drive, but also my other 160 GB, 250 GB and 1TB Drives that I regularly use Smart Defrag to optimize!

Thank you iObit for the noticeable and measurable increased performance in all of my hard drives since I started using Smart Defrag!

~Maxx~

Graphs are cool,but........

Hi Maxxwire-First off,thanks for sharing that information with the forum,and actually taking the time to research the products performance over a substantial length of time.But,I have to ask if you could provide any type of "results chart" with some numbers that we could all look at.Wheeling back and forth between the two graphs several times just doesn't give any indication of significant differences.Please don't label me as a "doubter" as I'm sure your claims are valid.I just think that some additional results would be great for our forum members to see and show them what a great product we have here.Thanks again for that great contribution!

http://usera.ImageCave.com/MaxxPix/4/Prior%20To%20SD.JPG

detailer- I apologize for the mixup in the graphs. Everything looked right when I posted it last night, but somehow my photo host had placed the same graphic under both the Before SD and After SD titles that I entered into the iObit photo uploader and the mistake has now been deleted and the true before Smart Defrag Optimization Benchtest results for my 250GB C Drive appear above..

This Hard Drive performance graph was generated by the free to download and use HD Tune 2.55 Hard Drive Utility Benchtest of my 250GB C Drive done before SD Optimization. As soon as I started using Smart Defrag Optimization I started to notice improvements in the Benchtests of all 4 of my 160GB - 1TB Hard Drives.

The numerical differences in the Before and After Benchtest Graphs representing 2 months of the Smart Defrag Optimization of my 250 GB C Drive according to the HD Tune Pro 350 Hard Disc Utility Benchtest are as follows-

Average Read Transfer Rate before- 43.7 MB/sec, After Smart Defrag Optimization- 47.3 MB/sec

Random Access Time before - 20.1 ms, After Smart Defrag Optimization- 17.4 ms

Burst Rate before- 77.6 MB/sec, After Smart Defrag Optimization- 82.9 MB/sec

CPU Usage before- 18.4%, After Smart Defrag Optimization- 7.3%

~Maxx~

Great Work

Maxxwire-No apology necessary-your work speaks well of IObit's software,but even more so for your own efforts in this very fine presentation.I would submit to the Admin. that your forum status be elevated.Thank you for your time and outstanding effort :!::!:

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr44/Maxxwire_Photos/CDrive32MBRW.jpg

I wish that I had upgraded to HD Tune Pro 350 earlier so that I could have compared these File Benchmark Measurement results which measure both the file reading and file writing performance of the hard drive with the performance of my Hard Drives before I started Optimizing their files with Smart Defrag.

Based on the improvement measured by the standard Benchtest results that I posted earlier I strongly suspect that my Western Digital Scorpio Blue 250 GB C Drive did not start out with this level of virtually equal read and write performance at these levels.

Here is some more information about the File Benchmark from HD Tune-

The file benchmark measures the performance for reading and writing files to the selected hard disk partition with different block sizes ranging from 0.5 KB to 8192 KB (x-axis).

The length of the test files can be set. For accurate results a large size is recommended. If the file length is too small the hard disk may be able to cache the entire file. In that case the cache speed will be measured instead of the hard disk throughput.

~Maxx~

• 1 year later...

Archived