IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Adjust size of Toolbar fonts in FireFox 3

Ted

Probably "Old Hat" to most of you, but I found a way to enlarge the fonts in my Bookmarks Toolbar in FireFox 3. No more straining now to read the text.

Just add the following line to the userChrome.css file and set the point size to your preference.

#PersonalToolbar .toolbarbutton-text {font-size: 15px !important; }

I modified the userChrome-example.css file in my Chrome folder and saved it as userChrome.css.

• 4 months later...

Toolbar items for FF3

Thanks to Ted for the basic item - I went on from there to learn that the Bookmarks Toolbar was using the "Message Box" / "Window Text" from the Windows Control Panel as the default.

First I increased the Control Panel font size, which worked fine with no obvious side-effects, but then I wanted to see more distinct buttons, as Firefox only shows the button bevels on mouseover, so I added a wee bit of margin, with the toolbar background color different from the bookmark background color.

I ended up tarting up the Bookmarks Toolbar noticeably, though you could always do gray-on-gray or maybe try a CSS border and get a more toned down version.

My "UserChrome.css" file is attached (as "Copy of... .txt", extract or rename for use).

I've put in a few comments - essentially there's the toolbar, then each bookmark item individually, and finally the text and icon separately.

Copy of userChrome.css.txt

Hi, Cornan,

Thanks for your input, any FF enhancements are very welcome.

BTW speaking of FireFox, one of my nieces sent me an Email from the USA with a .docx file attached yesterday and I found an FF plugin ( OpenXMLViewer) which enabled me to read it perfectly.

• 1 year later...

Archived