IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Question about Auto-Defrag (simple I'm sure)

Jackdashack

I have a licensed DeFrag 6. I have it set on auto-defrag. What is a little bothersome to me is when I'm sitting at the pc and I stop typing for a bit, attention elsewhere it starts and I start hearing the fan going to the max. Then of course when I start typing again it stops. So I'm hearing this non-melodious up and down and up and down from the fan cooling.

Is there a way to make PAUSE stick until you want it to start again, say like when you walk away. OR, do you have to uncheck the auto-defrag option every time? 

Thanks,  ":-Dx

Well as I said, It's simple and sometimes I'm simple. I would say, on looking at it again, that instead of clicking on PAUSE I would click on STOP and that would hold it until I click on it again. smh Sometimes I think I'm a simpleton~ lol :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Jackdashack
typo

I strongly recommend that you read the many posts/topics in the Smart Defrag section of the Forum

regarding defragging and auto-defragging.

It is completely unnecessary to be continuously defragging your drive, and certainly reduces the lifespan of your drive.

• Thanks 1