IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Recommended sequence of driver step-by-step updates? Auto-update of underlying drivers?

pstein

After a scan of a computer a lot of outdated drivers were found.

In case that I update them all in one step and problems (crashes) occur I have to do
tedious investigations which of the new drivers is the culprit.

To be on the safe side I would like NOT to update them all in one but step-by-step and work with them a while before updating the next.

Is there a recommended sequence of the drivers which should be updated first?

Furthermore:

If a certain driver (lets say the one for the chip set) relies on the presence of certain other drivers (versions):
Are these underlying basic drivers AUTOMATICALLY updates as well or just the driver with the ticked checkbox?

Peter

There are lot's of posts, with lot's of advice, in the Driver Booster section regarding your questions.

Such as.....If it's not broke, don't fix it......never update a lot of drivers at once.....check your pc manufacturer site for recommended driver updates.