IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Cant perform any scans - Error initializing the database.

Hello. When trying to perform a manual scan I get the message that my version is out of date. When I try to update the software it reports I have the latest version. I think it is having trouble connecting to the database. It errors right after the "Initializing Database" message. Also I noticed that when closing the message earlier it opens up a browser and attempts to go to the IOBit website but the site seemed to be down. I opened up another browser and manually typed in the web address and could not connect. So, I thought that maybe there was an issue with the server that may have been causing the problem. However, I am able to get to the website now but ASC-U is still having an issue.

Any suggestions?

ASC Ultimate Error (version out of date).PNG

Current Version.PNG

activated.png

• 1 year later...

This is the answer of SQL, maybe you can find the solution on this

You don't need the SQL Server Agent service - just the SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS) service.  Is that one running?

If so, you r issue may be that the SQL Express cache has become corrupted which happens from time to time in some scenarios.  It's an easy firx, if that's the issue - all you need to do is delete the SQLEXPRESS folder that you will find under  C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server Data.  You will probably need to stop all running SQL related processes to complete the deletion - but after that restart the Server process and give it another try.