IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASUS PRIME Z590M-PLUS - WIndows 10 freezes

Back from vacation so picking this up again.  Here's the update, and it's looking more to me like ASC is not happy on this hardware.

First, as suggested, I downgraded from ASC Ultimate to ASC free.  I did this by using ASC Uninstaller to remove Ultimate at which time it gave me the option to install ASC free.

Both system crashed within 24 hours.

Then I tried to disable ASC service using services, so it doesn't start with Windows.  It still loads performance monitor at boot time, the the ASC service isn't running per services.  Systems crash within 24 hours.

Then  I remove ASC Free completely.  Both Systems have run now without crashing  for 48 hours.  I will let them run a couple more days to verify.

I want to provide more info about how Win 10 "crashes" because it's unlike anything I've seen before.  The first sign is that the clock stops.  Some programs will function, some programs will not.  I can click window icon (lower left corner) or use window key to bring up the menu.  I then click "power" and it shows me "Sleep, Shut Down, Restart" options.  I click "Restart" but nothing happens after that.  I have to use the hardware reset button.

Next steps:  Since my son is on summer break, he doesn't need this system daily.

I'm planning to stick a fresh hard drive in the system, do a fresh and simple install of Win 10.  Then add ASC as the only program in addition to Win 10 and the drivers Asus posts on their website, and see if the system crashes.  If it does not, then I will repeat the same, but this time with Intel RST enabled in BIOS and adding the Intel RST driver to the Win 10 install.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions

Thanks!