IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

will not autocare

tomstorm

Have you enabled the scheduler? In settings and under Auto care settings you can check the box to execute AWC at a specified time. The modify the schedule config according to what you want, click apply, hit ok, and your all set. Try closing AWC (including from the tray icon area) and restarting the program to see if the schedule is still there. You should have no problems.

I have also noticed that since I installed V. 2.4 beta 3 on my XP the auto care and privacy sweep on log off are not working either. I have tried to reset the schedule and hit apply, but when I go back and check it later it has gone back to original settings with a start date of July 10,2006. Auto care does not run at the scheduled time.

I have it on a computer with 2000 and it works fine. I have tried to re-install but there is no change.

samr.

Problem solved

A complete clean out and reinstall of the awc folder and the program itself

has solved the problem:grin: :grin:

It looks as if my earlier install of awc-personal left some parameter files that had awc-pro confused. This could be helpful to others who experience other small glitches.

Good luck to y'all

...................... taxfrog,...................tomstorm

Hi, if uninstalling, deleting the old program file, and then reinstalling did not work, I think you should go into your auto care settings and uncheck all boxes for the auto care then hit apply. Then hit ok. Go back into auto care and this time check the boxes you want for auto care, hit apply, then hit ok. Close AWC (including from tray area) and restart the application.

Tell me if this works. I have noticed this sometimes fixes problems with AWC starting up even though I do not have it set to start with the system.

Hi Clayton,

I tried that before and it didn't work. Tried it again and it still didn't work. I tried uninstalling and deleting everything in program folder except backups 3 times (also checked scheduled tasks to make sure all AWC tasks were gone). I ran Ccleaner issues scan to pick up any leftover reg. enties. re-installed again. It hasn't come up to scheduled auto care time, but the privacy sweep balloon at log off still does not come up like it used to (balloon tips are enabled).

I have noticed something strange each time I have re-installed. All AWC Pro Scheduled tasks come up with a start date of July 10, 2006 each time I re-installed (even tried changing the start date).

The auto care not running really doesn't bother me much. I have a routine I developed when I was running Personal version. I always run an AWC scan last thing before I log off (but tried logging off without doing this to see if Privacy sweep would work if I left temp. internet files in). I'm just trying to help figure out why it is not working.

samr.

Hi samr,

In the "Advanced WindowsCare V2 Pro" folder, have a look of the contents of "Main.ini", "Applog.txt", and "ErrorLog.txt" files. They may give you a hint.

If "ErrorLog.txt" file does not exist, why don't you create it. Program may use it if there is an error next time. (Trial and Error. :smile: )

• 2 months later...

Will not auto care

I am running 2.5.1.922 and have had No Auto Care since 2.5.0

This ver yeilds General Page Failure when I try to Schedule Config

AWC is not writing ErrorLog either but here are the latest entries

when I ran it manually

PS Mem Cleaner won't run either

I will try to re-install 2.5 again but have my doubts

ERROR LOG: todays date is July 9, 2007 and I have run AWC

and Schedule Config several times today

7/1/2007 7:28:46 PM

AWC Version=2.5.0.917

OS Info=Windows Vista

Exception Type=EStackOverflow

Error Message=Stack overflow

7/1/2007 7:32:01 PM

AWC Version=2.5.0.917

OS Info=Windows Vista

Exception Type=EInOutError

Error Message=I/O error 32

7/1/2007 7:36:53 PM

AWC Version=2.5.1.922

OS Info=Windows Vista

Exception Type=EStackOverflow

Error Message=Stack overflow

7/1/2007 7:42:17 PM

AWC Version=2.5.1.922

OS Info=Windows Vista

Exception Type=EInOutError

Error Message=I/O error 32

Hope you have a solution for this

Or should I go back to 2.4 for now ???

Thanks

Tim Harvey

• 5 months later...
Hi, if uninstalling, deleting the old program file, and then reinstalling did not work, I think you should go into your auto care settings and uncheck all boxes for the auto care then hit apply. Then hit ok. Go back into auto care and this time check the boxes you want for auto care, hit apply, then hit ok. Close AWC (including from tray area) and restart the application.

Tell me if this works. I have noticed this sometimes fixes problems with AWC starting up even though I do not have it set to start with the system.

I just found out that the 'auto-care' feature didn't work on my machine. I checked all configuration and it appeared that it should have worked. I did exactly as you suggested and I set the start time 5 minutes ahead and watched it. Sure enough, when the time came it began the sweep. However, the program window did not pop up. I had to bring it up myself.

Now tell me something. I like to at least know what items are being removed. I have just set auto-care to 'scan only' tomorrow. Will the main window pop up when the scan is completed to let me know what actions need to be taken? If not, then that feature might be incorporated in a future update.

Thanks

I just found out that the 'auto-care' feature didn't work on my machine. I checked all configuration and it appeared that it should have worked. I did exactly as you suggested and I set the start time 5 minutes ahead and watched it. Sure enough, when the time came it began the sweep. However, the program window did not pop up. I had to bring it up myself.

Now tell me something. I like to at least know what items are being removed. I have just set auto-care to 'scan only' tomorrow. Will the main window pop up when the scan is completed to let me know what actions need to be taken? If not, then that feature might be incorporated in a future update.

Thanks

I just answered my own question. With auto-care set to 'scan only' instead of 'scan & repair', the scan started on schedule and the window did in fact pop up when finished. I could then look at the 'found' items.

Looks to me like a great product. I just dumped System Mechanic 7 because of horendous issues.

Thanks

Archived