IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Windows Installer no longer works.

prattden

I seem to have lost my Windows Installer. Can't install anything now. Error message reads, Error 719 The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contacy your support personnel. Anyone know how to fix this?

Hi prattden

Have you tried refreshing the settings in the system services?

Be sure it isn't deactivated!

You can set it to run automatically or manual or deactivated, but do not deactivate it - start the service.

Choose to put this one in the ignore list the next time you run system optimization - it should show up as a "problem" there after this.

Cheers

solbjerg

P.s. some of the security measures have adverse effects - this goes for all not just IObit.

One could say that the ultimate security is to disconnect the computer from the internet :-)

I seem to have lost my Windows Installer. Can't install anything now. Error message reads, Error 719 The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contacy your support personnel. Anyone know how to fix this?

Just to add...

prattden-As solbjerg mentioned,access your system services by choosing Control Panel>Admin Tools>Services.Scroll down to Win Installer and insure that it is set to manual(if it's disabled-that's the problem,or part of it)ASC would normally set this app. to manual as opposed to it's default which is auto,(you don't need it running at boot)so if it's disabled,we have to find out why.At any rate,while you're there,right click on that line item and from the drop down menu, choose properties.Here you will have the option to select disable,manual,or auto.Make your selection and then attempt to start the service.If it does not start,from the properties window,choose "Dependencies".If there are any items listed there,you must then confirm that they are not disabled.Repeat the procedure for those(if any) and then attempt to restart Win Installer,and then install your program.Now depending on the "Computer Optimization" setting you chose in ASC,you may see this service listed again as a "problem" the next time you scan.The only recommendation it might make here(but shouldn't) would be "current>manual--recommended>auto".At this point,I would uncheck that box,right click on that line item and add it to the ignore list-meaning that your intention is to have this service running only when it is called upon to do so-for example, installing a program.

Archived