IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit Software Updater v4.2 Sometimes Stalls When Updating Software

Software Updater v4.2 usually works fine, but sometimes when it is downloading a longer program over 50 MB, it stalls and does not complete the full download. There is no error message. If I stop and restart the update download, it usually works OK, but sometimes it stalls again. It eventually works if I keep retrying.

On an update restart, does it continue the download where it got interrupted, or does it start the full download again?

Any ideas on why it might be stalling sometimes?

Hi TatankaGrande1,

Sorry to hear that.

When you meet the issue " it stalls and does not complete the full download.", please follow the steps below to help us further look into it.

1. Please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/GetIObitConfigurationFile_isu.exe

2. Double click GetIObitConfigurationFile_isu to run it, click the button 'Save report to Desktop'

3. Wait for a while until you see a file su_logs_YYYYMMDD.log generated on your desktop.( YYYYMMDD should be the actual date when this file is generated.)

4. Send that file su_logs _ YYYYMMDD.log to us.

Thank you very much and looking forward to hearing from you. 

OK, if the download stalls again, I will create the log file and submit it for analysis.

I have a slower speed internet connection because I locked in a low monthly "price for life" deal years ago from my ISP.  If I upgrade to a faster speed, my monthly internet cost will increase.  I do not know if my slower speed connection is related to the download stall problem.
Thank you.