IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IE8 Thoughts

Ted

I've just installed IE8 and I must say I'm really impressed, it really sizzles! Only three seconds to load a blank page from scratch and I'm finding it very configurable. Just a matter of protecting its vulnerability to viral and spam attacks now and I'll be very tempted to switch back.

About Uncle Bill

Hi Ted-Bill's to busy trying to correct this mistake.And if you're going to insist on running IE, you better get yourself one of these.It loads in less than five seconds and just quietly sits there doing it's job.It's free (still in beta)and I'm seeing two or three updates available daily.(manual of course)From what I've read lately,the FF protection still is being sorted out,but the IE side(which was the original intended purpose)is working very well.You'll find a couple of links within that article that you should check out as well.

Hi, detailer,

POOR BILL!

How much will he get back? His multi-billion-dollar bank account may receive a tiny scratch!

F-Secure Exploit Shield. Got it - installed it - updated it. It's icon sits in the Task Bar at bootup so I asume it's up and running when I open IE.

Thank you for that.

=================

Correct

Hi Ted-It's actually up and running at boot(if you want it to)I chose that option because it loads so fast.On my PC,it's the first to load now(seems to have prioritized itself)and it hits the ground running.You can look into the GUI for a detailed account of each shield's designation,and you have selectable(on/off)ability for IE and FF.Not sure why you would turn off either one as it hasn't slowed scans by ASC or SD or any of my other security apps.I hope this thing will be freeware upon completion,but I doubt it.

Sorry to Hear

Hi Ted-No slow down here at all.Must be a compatibility issue with your other security or set up.Had I noticed any slow-downs,I would have given warning.Wow,everything I send your way seems to cause you grief-sorry!Anybody else running this?I would appreciate any feedback.Thanks.

Archived