IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Color management problems at program loading

Metallo

Hi,

I've got the latest free version of ASC3 and get the following problem:

When I click the ASC3 icon on the desktop, both my monitors (I have double monitor CRT, see my signature) change color, now it is a bit difficult to describe how the color is changing, but to give you an idea, it is the same as going from 9300K to 6500K, but I am already on 6500 by default, everything becomes more yellowish.

In order to go back to default, I have to reboot my system.

Please, note that I use WinColor.exe at statup in order to load the same color profile on both my monitors, maybe ASC3 has an influence on it??

Your comments are very welcomed.

Cheers

Alex

Hi Metallo

My guess is that you have to place that "problem" under System optimization in the Ignore List.

Please read "Usage of IObit Programs" in the forum Lounge section.

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1979

among other examples post 3

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

I've got the latest free version of ASC3 and get the following problem:

When I click the ASC3 icon on the desktop, both my monitors (I have double monitor CRT, see my signature) change color, now it is a bit difficult to describe how the color is changing, but to give you an idea, it is the same as going from 9300K to 6500K, but I am already on 6500 by default, everything becomes more yellowish.

In order to go back to default, I have to reboot my system.

Please, note that I use WinColor.exe at statup in order to load the same color profile on both my monitors, maybe ASC3 has an influence on it??

Your comments are very welcomed.

Cheers

Alex

Hi solbjerg,

forgive me but I am trying to understand.

The problem appears at the moment I click the ADC icon on desktop which will open the application, therefore no scanning is done by ASC yet.

Even if I do a scanning, I get no problems, so how could I add wincolor.exe to the ignore list?

Thank you

Alex

Hi Metallo

You mean that you haven't run any scan at all since you installed the ASC??

Then how would ASC have anything to do with your problem??

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

forgive me but I am trying to understand.

The problem appears at the moment I click the ADC icon on desktop which will open the application, therefore no scanning is done by ASC yet.

Even if I do a scanning, I get no problems, so how could I add wincolor.exe to the ignore list?

Thank you

Alex

Hi Metallo,

I wonder if this could have to do with the brightness slider under options-user interface. If it is turned up, try sliding it back to just above full left and click apply. See if that makes a difference.

samr.

Let's see if I can make myself clearer.

Once the program is installed, you get a desktop icon, when I click the icon to start the program, both my monitors are affected by color problem.

It has nothing to do with the ASC splash screen color and since it occurs when I click ASC icon, I guess this has a lot to do with ASC.

Of course, I can use ASC as normal, scan and so on, but something interferes with the color management system of my monitors.

Hope the this is now clearer.

Cheers

Alex

Hi Alex

Did you read this thread?

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1979

It tells you among other things that the System Optimization can interfere with colours and that these optimization "problems" should be placed in the ignore list BEFORE the "Repair" button is touched - the FIRST time the application is run!!!

If it isn't the optimization will have removed that "problem" and you won't see it again in later scans, unless you bring it back.

Try in the restore center to restore all settings back to before the first run, and if successfull then run the scan again and place that specific "problem" or "problems" in the ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

Let's see if I can make myself clearer.

Once the program is installed, you get a desktop icon, when I click the icon to start the program, both my monitors are affected by color problem.

It has nothing to do with the ASC splash screen color and since it occurs when I click ASC icon, I guess this has a lot to do with ASC.

Of course, I can use ASC as normal, scan and so on, but something interferes with the color management system of my monitors.

Hope the this is now clearer.

Cheers

Alex

Hi Metallo,

Yes, I understand that. But it has been found that when you adjust the brightness in ASC, it does affect your desktop settings even if ASC is minimized and only running in the tray. Thought it might be worth checking to see if that could also be affecting your color while ASC is running in the background.

samr.

Archived