IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

3g2 Files.

Ted

Because Secunia kept telling me that QuickTime was outdated and the fact that I didn't use it much, I un-installed it.

I have found a neat little tool named: Oxelon Media which converts .MOV files to AVI or the format of your choice. Unfortunately it won't do 3g2 movies which is the format my Nokia cell-phone uses. Does anyone know the codec required to convert these files?

Hi, enoskype,

Thank you for those addresses.

Actually, I have tried most of them without success. I found this really comprehensive converter tool named: "Quick Media Converter". It's freeware and has an excellent Help forum and tutorials. It also will convert 3G2 files.

http://www.cocoonsoftware.com/

Reading their Help forum I found dozens of questions from users with the same problem as mine and it all has to do with a codec named: QCELP which doesn't appear to be freely supported by anyone that I can find by Googling. However, the QMC support team has offered a temporary workaround without sound until a solution can be found.

Meanwhile, I've uninstalled Oxelon and re-installed Quicktime so I can at least play my 3G2 movie clips again.

Hi, JustDave and sunny,

Super C recognises and converts my 3G2 files without a hitch. Many thanks for pointing me to it, I've spent ages installing and uninstalling other converters.

As you've used this programme, you may be able to put me right on a couple of points. I've got the Build.35 version, just a few weeks old.

For a start, although the files convert perfectly they run fast. For example, a fourteen second file only has a duration of 7 seconds. What am I doing wrong?

Also, as you can see from the attachment, the buttons in the top R/H corner of the GUI are smudged by writing. I've reinstalled, but it didn't help.

Hi, JustDave

I've had a look around myself and tried other formats. Practically every file I convert compresses to seven seconds in length. Listening carefully to the converted file it seems that it runs fast and chops the middle out. I must have a wrong setting somewhere. The Quick Media people are working on the QCELP problem, so hopefully they may have a fix soon.

Sunny,

I tried the free k-lite pack, but must have done something wrong somewhere, perhaps I shouldn't have let it delete the many codec Registry entries it asked to do. Anyway, I finished up by having to do a System Restore back to a few days ago to try and get things back to normal again. All good learning experience, though. I also discovered that System Restore hadn't fully removed some of the folders and registry entries for programmes I'd installed yesterday.

Hi, sunny,

So far, so good.

I've set Windows Media Player as my default for all formats and it will now play my 3G2 files (without sound of course as it apparently doesn't support that QCELP audio coedec). WMP still won't play my .MOV files although the Classic Player will. My setting up is probably not quite right. yet. Apparently QuickTime is still needed for some files.

I have found a neat little tool named: Oxelon Media which converts .MOV files to AVI or the format of your choice. Unfortunately it won't do 3g2 movies which is the format my Nokia cell-phone uses. Does anyone know the codec required to convert these files?

We have updated the software. So, it is possible to convert 3g2 to avi.

The QCELP problem is fixed.

New features:

- improved 3G2 decoder

- improved MP3 codec

- added OGG Audio format, corrected bitrate parameters

- added x264 codec for AVI, MOV, MP4 formats

Oxelon Media Converter v1.1 is now available for download:

http://www.oxelon.com/media_converter.html

• 2 weeks later...

Archived