IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

W2K | ASC v3 Install Fails. Cant Extract 'vd70.bpl'

etal

I'm using Windows 2000 pro OEM (yes, SP-4).

Newer version un-installs the program prior to installation. So now I have nothing. Installation fails with message:

Error

=====

<!> C:\Programs Files\IObit\Advanced SystemCare 3\vd70.bpl

An error occurred while trying to replace the existing file:

DeleteFile failed: code 5

Access is denied.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip the file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel the installation.

[ Abort ] [ Retry ] [ Ignore ]

[ Retry ] was not able to push through the problem so I finally selected [ Abort ].

Help?

Hello etal

My best guess is that you have something running in the background that prevents the uninstallation, - perhaps SmartRam?

Please close those running programs during installation and that ought to fix the problem. Take a look in your system tray to see if SM is there or one or two of the other automatic functions. It cannot uninstall running programs!

Please read this thread;

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1979 at least post #5

Cheers

solbjerg

I'm using Windows 2000 pro OEM (yes, SP-4).

Newer version un-installs the program prior to installation. So now I have nothing. Installation fails with message:

[ Retry ] was not able to push through the problem so I finally selected [ Abort ].

Help?

Agreed

Hi etal-Solbjerg is absolutely correct.An error 5 code 99 times out of 100 points to a service running that is related to,or part of the service you are attempting to uninstall.Make sure ASC and all of its components are disabled before attempting the un/reinstall.

Must have been the issue.

I booted up just now and found the 'setup' on my Desktop (forgot I had saved it there). Was able to run and install it without incident. Before I was trying to run it from the website.

I'm finding processes getting 'stuck' ever so often, so it makes sense this is probably what had happened.

Thank you very much for your help.

Archived