IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Product(s) Expiration date(s) Issue/Suggestion

mdavis7879

I have multiple products with roughly 4 months remaining.  I'd like to take advantage of the current Black Friday special (or any that may come up) but appears that I would lose the remaining time on the current license codes when I receive new license codes associated with software within that bundle or special (or even if just one same package).  Basically, in my case according to similar posed questions, I would forfeit 4 months remaining with the currently license if the new one year license would start as soon as received/downloaded instead of starting a new 1 year period when the current license expires. Software licenses can be transferred to new machines so iobit has the ability to interact and have access to information associated with you current license. It is completely possible from both a programming standpoint and from an internal iobit company technical ability and support to allow the new license and associated 1 year period to begin when the currently installed license period ends, even if the user has to wait to enter such code. The system already standardly verifies that a valid code is entered when upgrading from a free version to the pro version of that software package by using the "enter license code" option and then opening up pro options while keeping the valid period associated with that package and with the computer on which it was entered.  If the provided license code(s) purchased  "come with" a static end date based upon purchase or download date, then regardless of when the new license is entered in the package, already installed in whatever existing version or yet to even be installed, the new license period is already defined and has no programming code that can simply look at the current license to make sure you are actually purchasing a new one year license.  As such, existing customers with active pro versions of a software  package wouldn't be able to get the full advantage of 1 year, 3 PC offerings as the offer would already be compromised based upon a "hard-coded" defined license period that has no allowance for any date other than that associated within the license code data record.  There must be a way to at least allow a way to enter a new license code and have the software recognize it as a new license code with a new one year valid period calculated when entered.  It may perhaps be too complicated to extend the existing date on the active license as that would cause too many other issues as the license code is not just associated with a period but also with the type of user license and other computers on which that software license may be used.  The particular PC or laptop may be the PC or laptop used to keep reference of software license information not only for that machine and software package but for other computers running the software with that same license if a multi-PC software licenses was purchased.  That is another story since many software bundle packages offered are often a combination of single- and multi-user software licenses which makes updating software an already difficult process.  I along with other people obviously want to be able to purchase a great bundled software offer but cannot extend licensed periods on existing pro-version software and decide if it is worth purchasing new 1-year licenses that will overwrite the current license software period, losing out then on the last license period at one's own expense.  Can support help figure out what to do if such program to data cannot be accommodated?  Any project team will understand exactly what I am saying.  As it exists, the company would gain but ONLY if a user actually buys the new bundle.  I can also understand why the multi-user bundled software license period issue may not be as important depending on the period left on their current licenses.  I just would like iobit to understand this option so EVERYBODY will take advantage of great software bundle offers that obviously made me take the time to explain what people may or may not have said all in one message like this.  Thank you.  MDavis  Current LONG-TIME customer and advocate for your software

@mdavis7879

@Redsfan

Thanks for your feedabck.

If ou renew a  license code, the service time will be added automatically. If you buy new license coes, you can write to us and we can merge the servie time together.

@mdavis7879, have you got the Black Friday  offer, if you did, please send me PM with license codes and I can merge the license codes into one. 

• 4 months later...
On 12/9/2021 at 11:58 AM, Cicely said:

@mdavis7879

@Redsfan

Thanks for your feedabck.

If ou renew a  license code, the service time will be added automatically. If you buy new license coes, you can write to us and we can merge the servie time together.

@mdavis7879, have you got the Black Friday  offer, if you did, please send me PM with license codes and I can merge the license codes into one. 

How can I write to you if there is no way to write to you on your website in technical support???