IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Unwanted Software installs in 2021

David H

I do have to ask why after all these years of brilliant service I am having to uninstall all your products from my customers computers.  Why?  The Drive By installation if the VPN thing, and the screen recorder program.  Neither of which were wanted, and nagged incessantly.  When are you going to stop automatically ticking the install boxes, to trick people who don't realise what these programs are and (don't need to be scared by the nagging of the VPN.) And Install these programs.  This also (Nagging) is why I also uninstall Driver Booster after use. Please fix these problems and once again become just Great Software that works.?

Is there an incentive for the number of installs that they are trying to reach. If that is the case then they will not listen to anybody until they reach it. That is not a good idea and will drive customers away from your company.

Any software that another company wants to put on your computer should be offered as an opt-in case. This means that the user has to consent to having it put on the computer.

@ soeur_co @Redsfan

Thanks for your feedbacks.

At present, we are partnered with iTop VPN to help promote its product iTop VPN, which can provide private access to the Internet with military-grade protection.

You can uncheck the checkbox  when you install the prorgam if you do not want the two programs you mentioned.

Anyway, I have forwarded your concern to our product team and market team. They will consider this kind of marketing activities and make a better balance in future.

Have a good time!

• 2 weeks later...

Just because you partner with them does not mean that your customers will like the software that company offers. Any software should offered should always be an opt-in instead of an opt-out case.

You would get a lot less of complaints if the user had to accept the software instead of having to reject the software from installing.