IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

follow up on "Spam from Iobit"

Twisted_Code

1 hour ago, Twisted_Code said:

Okay so I assume this is what the Windows Task "Christmas Task (one time)" does?? Just one of your many MANY disruptive advertising tactics?

"You know we just want to celebrate Christmas with our users by supplying large discounts.:wink:" yeah that doesn't fly with me. I realize having your free version installed probably blurs the line for you between "push marketing" and "pull marketing", so let me clear the lineup: I have this program installed for exactly one purpose: using Powerful uninstall as a slightly more thorough option to keep my registry from getting cluttered up with orphaned keys. I have no other interest in it, and I suspect it's the same with many other people that have it installed. Popping up disruptive advertisements in the bottom right corner of my screen is NOT going to get you anywhere with me.

All this is to say, if your "Powerful uninstall" feature weren't so effective (most of the time), I'd have had you Powerful Uninstall yourself long ago. Your constant pop-ups are so freaking annoying!

whatever this "Christmas Task" is, I'm disabling it. No thank you.

Since I didn't really mean to bump an old thread, but I also don't care to retype everything I wrote, there you go.

okay then, looks like I didn't get a reply anyway, DESPITE what the moderator implied in the previous (now locked, and both late replies deleted) thread.

Well, at least I know why Malwarebytes treats your programs as PUPs. This stuff is annoying enough that I think I'll give BCUninstaller a try.

I want to echo what Twisted_Code mentioned about your annoying pop up ads.
I have just installed all your latest top-of-the-line software and I'm still getting ads prompting me to purchase that which I have already have. It's ridiculous. It's telling me to update certain programs, and instead of updating, sends me to your marketing website. You seriously need to clean this up. Thank you.

17 hours ago, clauderich said:

I want to echo what Twisted_Code mentioned about your annoying pop up ads.
I have just installed all your latest top-of-the-line software and I'm still getting ads prompting me to purchase that which I have already have. It's ridiculous. It's telling me to update certain programs, and instead of updating, sends me to your marketing website. You seriously need to clean this up. Thank you.

Hello clauderich,

Thanks for your feedback.

Is it possaible to send me the related screenshots to show the ads so that I can give our marketing team more details. We will keep on improving.😉

• 4 weeks later...