IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

How do I restore a backup from the file browser?

Capt_Gray

Hi there,

Did you back up the driver before?  If yes, it is supposed to be in Restore. If not, we guess you need a new driver.

Please download https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/db/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe > double click to run this tool on the problem PC > click 'Save report to Desktop' > find db_info_YYMMDD.zip on your desktop > send us the zip file.

We will analyze the file and try our best to find a solution for you.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I thought I'd get an email alert or something if this post got a response. I did not run the update through DriverBooster when this happened, it was a direct Nvidia download, otherwise it would have backed up up automatically. What I am showing in my screenshot was when the driver had been backed up by DB in the past. What I was asking for is a way to rstore that old backup for the C:\ProgramData\IObit\Driver Booster\Backups folder. If the application can't restore those, why take up space on the hard drive if they are useless?

I attached the zip you requested.

db_info_20220206_i.zip

• 2 weeks later...

I had the PC packed up for moving so when I unpacked it started it up, it pulled this month's Windows Updates. None were for drivers but when it restarted the Nvidia driver was working. I created a regular Windows restore point (for what that's worth) and I'm running Driver Booster again. It says there's a Nvidia and PhysX update so I'm running that now. I'll update this after it is done.

Okay, so I have no idea how or why, but it is working fine now. I applied the latest Driver Booster driver it found and games are showing the proper settings and working.

I still would really like to know if there is a way to access the backups in the DB Explore Backups folder C:\ProgramData\IObit\Driver Booster\Backups when they don't show up in the app's list but are still on the drive.

db.PNG