IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

External exception 80000004

Hello guys,

First time in the history of IObit's defragmantation, company has announced the likely algorithm of the defrag engine (Smart Defrag).

Please find below the quote about the "Smart Defrag" in AWC3 Beta 2.7.1

Cheers.

Does anyone know why smart defrag only goes to 57% and then says External exception 80000004.? or I get dozens of error messages cascading down my screen and says it has encounterd a problem and must shut down? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Carol

Please Carol, what are you trying to defrag?

My guess is that you are running Vista, and one or more of your image/video files is too large or should be excluded from defragmentation. are you trying to defrag an external harddisk?

Cheers

solbjerg

Did everything you suggested only now it went to 67% and then did the same thing with all the error messages. Thanks, Carol

Hi Carol

What are your settings. Have you excluded very large files? This setting can be graduated from quite small files and to very large ones, the default setting is 1 GB - you could try lowering that.

Generally I do not think that defragging video files is a good practice - but that is just my opinion.

When you reinstalled - did you then first uninstall and then delete the SmartDefrag folder from the IObit folder in programs?

By the way - are you running on batteries?

Cheers

solbjerg

I have windows XP pro. I am trying to defrag my C:drive. Also tried fast optimize and deep optimize. It just won't seem to finish the defrag without closing down. Thanks, Carol

Hi Carol

In the settings in the program you find the slide for large files and set it to your preference.

I actually asked how you uninstalled the program - if you deleted the folder in c:\programs\Iobit and then SmartDefrag - after uninstalling SmartDefrag?

Take a look here in post #5 and #6

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=2295

Actually perhaps just read all the posts :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I don't know how to change the gigibytes and I have no video files on my pc. Also I did in fact uninstall the folder and the program.

Does anyone know why smart defrag only goes to 57% and then says External exception 80000004.? or I get dozens of error messages cascading down my screen and says it has encounterd a problem and must shut down? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Carol

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/bugcheck-problem/38541.html

80000004 is an exception code that may occur when a POPFD is executed.

80000004 represents the status of STATUS_SINGLE_STEP, which is debugging one instruction at a time. POPFD pops the top of the stack into the EFLAGS register. When the 0x00000100 bit is set in the EFLAGS register, the next instruction will be trapped and the exception code will be 80000004.

A faulty secondary cache may be the cause of this problem.

So, after all, it could be a hardware problem on your box triggered by Smart Defrag.

Hope this helps, Carol!

Archived