IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Not nice to fool with mother nature

garybear

Here are some screen shots that may impress some one. I restored thousands of registry entries. I hope some one can explain why ASC3 didn't find them all again. I really hope I'm wrong about this IObit and ASC3. I don't like being snowed. You have a great program, please don't use deep clean to push your paid version. I hope I'm totally wrong and have to say I'm sorry.[garybear]

Mother Nature

Must be a hot thread, or maybe I'm in trouble again. Not one comment or post. I really mean this when I say, I hope I have to say I'm sorry IObit. I'm waiting for your answer, or any ones answer. One more time IObit; Are you trying to snow me???? I love ASC3, and all my friends on the forum. I will be with you until the end. Please be honest with me and I'll always be honest with you. I'm a cancer survivor and we are a different breed. We always tell each other we love them when we leave the clinic because we aren't sure which ones will be back. I will end this post telling every one; I love you!! Live well my friends. [garybear]

Mother Nature

Sorry ASC3 and IObit. Oh well its summer time. Sorry friends. I got the hint. See you next winter every one. I love you guys. Keep up the good work. Best damn forum; only forum I ever joined. Thanks Ted, detailer , solberg, Icy, enoskype, samr, sunny, krissy,( I hope I didn't leave any one out)PS I won't be answering any PM. Live well my friends and be true to your heart. If I have crossed the line I'm very sorry, see you back at the truck some day, and may you always be the wind shield and never the bug. I love you !! [bear]

Hi gary

Nice screenshots, but they do not tells us much without explanation.

Regarding what you percieve as missing respons is - I think -because you talk about the same subject (isn't it?) in different threads - and we are still waiting for the screenshots in the other thread :-)

What are your reasons for annulling all the registry changes? Just for the hell of it?

Perhaps the program percieves the restored changes as the same as placing them in the ignore list???

Cheers

solbjerg

Sorry ASC3 and IObit. Oh well its summer time. Sorry friends. I got the hint. See you next winter every one. I love you guys. Keep up the good work. Best damn forum; only forum I ever joined. Thanks Ted, detailer , solberg, Icy, enoskype, samr, sunny, krissy,( I hope I didn't leave any one out)PS I won't be answering any PM. Live well my friends and be true to your heart. If I have crossed the line I'm very sorry, see you back at the truck some day, and may you always be the wind shield and never the bug. I love you !! [bear]

Registry

Hi solbjerg. No I didn't put them back for the hell of it. I f they are in ignore list, this needs to be explained. I have admired your knowledge from the first time I read your posts . I will always be a fan of yours. I think my screen shots tell my story and the reason I made this thread.My understanding of the purpose of these restore points was to save changes to the registry so you could undue them if you had a problem with your OS. When I first used ASC3, I had the free version and I did the scans manual . I would always get a pop up saying deep scan could find several hundred more registry errors. I'm now thinking that was a gimmick to sell the paid version. I really hope I'm wrong about that. I started noticing the registry was finding the same errors every few days and became curious. I thought what if I put them all back; and ASC3 finds just the same 150 , then I'll just put those in ignore list and I won't have to wonder why so many errors are being repaired every few days. It didn't happen that way. I'm still waiting for an explanation why it didn't. I'm not using deep clean at the moment because I don't understand it. If I stepped on some ones toes, then I'm sorry; however I DO NOT APOLOGIZE FOR MY ACTIONS

Hi gary

Take a look at my answer to you in this tread

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=2324

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg. No I didn't put them back for the hell of it. I f they are in ignore list, this needs to be explained. I have admired your knowledge from the first time I read your posts . I will always be a fan of yours. I think my screen shots tell my story and the reason I made this thread.My understanding of the purpose of these restore points was to save changes to the registry so you could undue them if you had a problem with your OS. When I first used ASC3, I had the free version and I did the scans manual . I would always get a pop up saying deep scan could find several hundred more registry errors. I'm now thinking that was a gimmick to sell the paid version. I really hope I'm wrong about that. I started noticing the registry was finding the same errors every few days and became curious. I thought what if I put them all back; and ASC3 finds just the same 150 , then I'll just put those in ignore list and I won't have to wonder why so many errors are being repaired every few days. It didn't happen that way. I'm still waiting for an explanation why it didn't. I'm not using deep clean at the moment because I don't understand it. If I stepped on some ones toes, then I'm sorry; however I DO NOT APOLOGIZE FOR MY ACTIONS

Hi garybear,

I hope what I explain will relieve you fom that deep scan stress.:-)

First of all you have to understand that some registry entries also depend on other registry enties, so restoring in a different order than deleting them will never give the same result of condition prior to deleting.

In summary, you must restore in the same order of deleting.

Secondly, as far as I can see from your screenshots that, naturally by the adjustment of ASC option of max. backups stored, the original high number (600+ or so) of deep cleaned registry items are not kept (deleted). Now those are the ones that deep scanned registry cleaner removed from your PC, and the ASC Pro has done what it is supposed to do.

The other registry items that you clean regularly , are created regularly also. To see the real usefulness of deep clean, you should not use deep cleaning for a long time .(But, there is no use of collecting those registry residues for a long time, and that is one of the points of the ASC Pro.)

You should accept that the deep registry clean is not the only difference between Free and Pro also.

So believe me my friend , with Pro, IObit is not snowing at all, if this is the idiom.

You know that I am not from iobit, and not advocating them.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask directly here or by PM.

So be well my friend, cheers.

enoskype

NOTE : Don't think that I didn't say anything about Macrium, I still did not install it, that's why.:razz: You, by now, know much more than I do anyway.

Archived