IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced SystemCare 3.2.0, Restricted Sites & IE 8

RFNAPLES

I use Advanced SystemCare 3.2.0 on an HP Pavilion dv5 with Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1 and IE 8.

ASC’s Security Defense adds hundreds of websites to IE Restricted Sites. This causes IE 8 to fail and require closing on many non-Microsoft sites, including aol.com and deepdiscout.com

I removed the restricted sites with regedit and IE8 once again worked. As soon as I ran Advanced SystemCare 3.2.0 again the huge restricted list was back in place and IE8 failed again.

It appears that ASC is incompatible with Microsoft’s LCIE. Apparently other spyware programs including Spybot, SpywareBlaster & IESpyAd ZonedOut have the same problem.

Who will fix this Microsoft or each spyware company? Help!

Hi RFNAPLES

The agenda from Microsoft, Google and a lot of other applications is to use tracking cookies and other "spyware" in order to as they say "help" users.

The agenda from anti-spyware companies is to follow the wishes of users of not to have tracking cookies and "spyware" installed.

This is a potential conflict. The solution to this for the time being is to add the sites you want to keep into the ignore list.

Cheers

solbjerg

I use Advanced SystemCare 3.2.0 on an HP Pavilion dv5 with Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1 and IE 8.

ASC’s Security Defense adds hundreds of websites to IE Restricted Sites. This causes IE 8 to fail and require closing on many non-Microsoft sites, including aol.com and deepdiscout.com

I removed the restricted sites with regedit and IE8 once again worked. As soon as I ran Advanced SystemCare 3.2.0 again the huge restricted list was back in place and IE8 failed again.

It appears that ASC is incompatible with Microsoft’s LCIE. Apparently other spyware programs including Spybot, SpywareBlaster & IESpyAd ZonedOut have the same problem.

Who will fix this Microsoft or each spyware company? Help!

Hi RFNAPLES,

Unchecking the sites you want to access in Details: Security Defence window after clicking No Problems. on right of Security Defense, will solve your site access problem because of ASC, but it will bring the risk of having malware and spyware in your PC, and also, other security software such as SS&D may revert back some of them, so you have the problem again.

Cheers.

Thank you for agreeing to work on conflict with IE8! The workaround seems to be to delete all restricted sites through regedit and turning off System Defense. With over 1500 sites added by ASCs System Defense, choosing which sites are conflicting is almost impossible.

Will we be notified here of the fix? Will it be a version update or an update to the database file? Any expected fix date?

Archived