IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver Booster 9 Pro Never Progresses Beyond "Creating Restore Point"

Phoenixrising777

The title pretty much says everything. Started pulling a 169 IP on my ethernet adapter connection. Recently upgraded to Windows 11 Home. Version : 21H2 OS Build: 22000.493. Before I went the Driver Booster 9 Pro route I tried to manually uninstall my network adapter and reinstall. The Device Manager and all Control Panel, and Settings windows become unresponsive attempting to disable, uninstall/roll back/update drivers. I have done all the troubleshooting I know for 169, the network is up and other devices are running on it. I even connected through a poor wi-fi signal connection (how I am here at all) and I used the connection to download DB 9. Installed, Got the liscense, activated and updated all. Its been sitting at 1% fort over 2 hours. 

I have attached log files to this forum post. 

db_info_20220217_i.zip

After 4 hours I killed the DB 9 process in task manager and rebooted, tried again unchecking the create restore point in settings and disabled my AV. . It downloaded the first item on the scan and stuck at 1% at install. 

Tried again with just updating one item without restore point enabled and it downloaded, install got all the way to 100% (took about 4 minutes) and failed. Added additional report after the failure. 

db_info_20220217_i.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Could you please install the latest version of Driver Booster to check whether the problem persists?

https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/db/debug/driver_booster_setup.exe

If it still fails, Please follow the steps in the previous email to get the information.

Please download https://cdn.iobit.com/dl/db/debug/DBInfoHelper.exe > double click to run this tool on the problem PC > click 'Save report to Desktop' > find db_info_YYMMDD.zip on your desktop > send us the zip file.

We will analyze the file and try our best to find a solution for you.