IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A very worrisome popup.

Mad Spectre

Hello,

I just received a popup completely in Chinese from this program. I know it was related to IObit, because when I go into my task manager to 'end task' for IObit updater, the popup is closed. Do you have an explanation for this? I would also like to point out that my computer does not have a Chinese language pack installed, no Chinese localization and never once has my default language in Windows changed from English. I've only ever installed the program and updates from files downloaded from the main IObit site. All previous popups from this program have been in English. Here is a link to the screenshot of the popup.

Edited by Mad Spectre

Hi Mad Spectre,

Thanks for your feedabck.

Sorry to hear that.

To look into the issue, please download the tool from http://testdemo.iobit.com/InfoHelper.exe

Double click to run this tool on the PC with the problem and click 'Save report'. 
After it finishes, you will get a popup window to tell you where the report file IObit_Debug_Info.zip is saved d. Click the 'OK' button to open that saved folder.      Send the zipped file to us so that we can get the detailed information to look into

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your patience.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

IOBit is Chinese-owned and thereby CCP-owned. It's not even a secret. It's ever-growing software suite and attractive layouts are designed to attract users who like keeping their software updated and computers cleaned up. So .. it works well.  But ...

The likelihood that is surveilling/data-mining is very high. Instances where users find mp4s in their TEMP files about desktop moves is pretty obvious. Obviously - like the pandemic - it's counted on that us fat, lazy American slobs lift our legs and fart over this kind of thing and just herd along, content on munching our cuds. Because overall, I don't think we much care that we're surveilled or data-mined or that the CCP has at least a small dossier on every living person in the western world.

IOBit is effective in delivering what it promises though. Way to go, CCP! Keep up the good work!