IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Driver booster update, now my pc is freezing and very slow.

ezbz

im looking through your forums, i do not see any thread listing AMD Sata controller driver and now their pc is freezing. I have tried a factory reset and a driver rollback. and you linked me just the driver booster forums? i know you must be aware of whats going on. do you mind just telling me what my issue is and what are my options to fix this? if there is any

While the other posts may not have "specifically" mentioned an AMD Sata driver....they certainly deal with the issue(s)

of driver updates causing problems such as freezing and slowing.

Did you try a system restore point to a time before the update.

Did you do the driver rollback Before you did the factory reset.

Did you update more than one driver.

I just did the update for the AMD Sata driver. I tried to do a rollback of the drive before doing the factory reset. I am going to go try to download the correct driver from amd website to see if that helps. But honesty idk. I thouhght the rollback/factor reset would solve my issue but now im just idk

I guess i used the wrong word. I was meaning i did a driver rollback to see if it fixed my issue and which it didn't. I then did a factory reset to see if it fixed it and which it didn't as well. Thank you for your response and help.

If you did the driver rollback and it rolled back successfully...then logic says that everything should have been ok again.

If it is not, then something else also happened. Did you check the Driver Booster logs to see if it did more than just the one driver update.

Unfortunately, having done the factory reset now takes away your option to rollback, as it has set

everything back to the state your pc was in when it was shipped. Including all the Drivers.

A factory reset should be an absolute last resort, when every other possible solution has failed.

Did you look in Device Manager to see if there are any warning signs or exclamations or question marks next to any of the drivers.