IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Deselect a file

Miles

Find nothing relative in Postg #13. Also in

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=1979 --quote

The most important area is "System Optimization" which we often see having changed the settings for users that haven't checked their "Problems" before clicking "Repair". The optimization is configured for a large part to use as few resources as possible, this can affect several thing - colour for instance, so you have to be aware of that. end quote

In Maintain Windows, after running scan of all 3, don't find anywhere to check problems. Open by clicking on the problems found, nothing there. Right click, center click, double click, no change -- and right click only has copy. Go into ignore list and cannot paste even with control/V. Can select, say, 1 file, but right click doesn't produce anything different. Nowhere is there a button called "ignore."

Have uninstalled & reinstalled, no change.

If click repair, it repairs all, and there is no entry in the downloads folder.

Options/junk files clean - nothing selected. Backup-all 4 checked for restore center to back up. Max 100. Create restore points=unchecked. Ignore list=blank.

Another example - Privacy sweep - 52 problems found. Clilck on "Privacy Sweep" and it only toggles the check mark. Click on "52 problems found" and it opens the list of problems window where there is no way to ignore.

What am I missing?

Hi Miles-You can't select individual line items from privacy sweep or junk files clean up for an ignore list.For junk files,all you can do is select from three areas from which to scan and delete-Recycle bin,Windows temp files,and IE temp files.You say you have none of these boxes checked? Is this correct? If so,there will be no "problems" to correct after that scan.For privacy sweep,the options are far greater.Choose Options from the main window and then privacy sweep from the left pane.Here you will find an extensive list of areas that can be selected for scanning.Any "problems" found in either of the two sweep types(privacy and junk)are not available for individual selection.Now,are you saying that for scans that did reveal "problems" that when you clicked on the word"problems" it did not open a window for you? You also mentioned "all three scans" in Maintain Windows-there are four scans there-Spyware,Registry,Privacy,and Junk.Now,regarding Back-ups,click on Restore Center from the main window,from the left pane,choose Settings.The four choices to the right are the only areas of repair that ASC will back up and allow you to "undo" changes from.Make sure all four of these boxes are checked.Now,after any repairs are made,you have the option of "undoing" them from the restore center by clicking on the line item with the date and the number of changes,and then selecting "undo changes". No offense Miles,perhaps you speak another language besides English-you'll need to give a better account of the steps you're taking and the problems you're having.It's like you have words missing from you sentences.I mean no disrespect,I'm just having a hard time understanding you.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally back to this after cleaning up Firefox profile & a few other problems, all night after work.

OK, I understand Privacy & junk areas that one cannot selectively delete files. That being the case, guess it won't be used.

When I mentioned 3 scans, I didn't include registry since that apparently is treated differently. Yes, you're right, there are 4 scans.

I don't use System Restore, except for this test, apparently it won't allow selective restore of individual items. (Don't use System Restore due to a few years back found that it frequently failed, so instead use Acronis True Image -- only problem there was at the outset it didn't provide individual file restoration, but now does. So if this program demands usage of System Restore, guess I'm ouit of luck, unless there's a change made that will post the entires to a backup folder that can be restored.

Archived