IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Iobit forces anual payment

Hi dear IObit people,

due to bad circumstance of life I lost my company and the german govermant closed all my bank accounts. So I am without money. Whenever I would want to order and buy something, I have to ask my son to transfer money to my paypal account. This last possibility to buy something.

I like your products very much! In the past I have ordered via paypal quite a lot and paid from the funds my son transferrewd there. Now this posssibility is gone, as you want to force anual payments. For this matter I can not just place order, because paypal is now asking for my account (which I don't have) so that next year payment will be guaranteed. I cannot proceed with the payment. So IOBIT makes it impossible for me to buy the products. Buy the way that is also a way to force customers. (Although the customer could agree, but cancel it. I am asking you to change this way, and let customers choose, if the want 1 year or a continued abo. I promise to continue anyway, as I like your products.

I always helped friends with their computers using your programs and usually they themselves are happy with it and become your customers.

Yours,

Bernd de Castro

I am removing all IOBIT programs from my computer, as they forcibly "renewed" everything for an exorbitant amount of nearly $200.00 USD without any prior notification or warning.  I have informed my credit card company to backcharge the amount of $172.88 to IOBIT, as this was a criminal and fraudulent charge that I never authorized.  I will NEVER again use or recommend any IOBIT products to my customers, and I am in the process of warning each one of them about this.

Hello Bingy Bear and oldfogey,

Sorry for my late reply.

@Bingy Bear

Could you please describe the issue " because paypal is now asking for my account (which I don't have) so that next year payment will be guaranteed“ more clearly with related screenshots?

@oldfogey &Bingy Bear, 

You can always cancel the auto renewal service anytime if you do not want it. If you forget to cancel the auto renewal service, you can ask for refund.

Sorry to hear that you will not continue with our program due to this issue.

• 11 months later...