IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Auto defrag pause issue

I've set the "Start auto defrag when the system is idle" for 5 minutes yet it seems to simply pause & start & random intervals....I noticed it defraging and watched the smart frag window as I surfed the net....

Am I missing something? shouldn't it be pausing whenever I'm doing something like surfing etc?

any help would be appreciated...

Hi Ron

What kind of computer do you have?

If laptop - is it running on batteries?

Have you read the thread Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section? Or found the posts that interests you in Table of content in Usage-

I do not have much experience with the automatic functions while I always do it manually when I experience a slight delay in the opening of functions on my machine. But the biggest culprit in delaying operation is in my opinion the tracking cookies which I also delete in ASC manually :-)

But go through your settings after you have read and check if any should be set differently.

Please give some feedback.

Cheers

solbjerg

I've set the "Start auto defrag when the system is idle" for 5 minutes yet it seems to simply pause & start & random intervals....I noticed it defraging and watched the smart frag window as I surfed the net....

Am I missing something? shouldn't it be pausing whenever I'm doing something like surfing etc?

any help would be appreciated...

Auto Defrag

Hey Ron-you'll also want to look at your auto setting in regard to usage %-I believe the default minimum is 20%-so ,if your surfing activity combined with other services running is hovering around the 20% mark,you'll see the defrag pause and start.In my opinion,disable that auto defrag-it makes no sense to defrag when continued use of your PC creates more fragmentation as you go.Not to mention,more resources are being utilized.Save the defrag for the end of the day,and if you must use any "auto" feature,use the auto shut-down.Wake up to a "fresh" disk-Just my opinion(but it's shared by many users here)

Hi Ron

What kind of computer do you have?

If laptop - is it running on batteries?

Have you read the thread Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section? Or found the posts that interests you in Table of content in Usage-

I do not have much experience with the automatic functions while I always do it manually when I experience a slight delay in the opening of functions on my machine. But the biggest culprit in delaying operation is in my opinion the tracking cookies which I also delete in ASC manually :-)

But go through your settings after you have read and check if any should be set differently.

Please give some feedback.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the advise....very much appreciated

Hey Ron-you'll also want to look at your auto setting in regard to usage %-I believe the default minimum is 20%-so ,if your surfing activity combined with other services running is hovering around the 20% mark,you'll see the defrag pause and start.In my opinion,disable that auto defrag-it makes no sense to defrag when continued use of your PC creates more fragmentation as you go.Not to mention,more resources are being utilized.Save the defrag for the end of the day,and if you must use any "auto" feature,use the auto shut-down.Wake up to a "fresh" disk-Just my opinion(but it's shared by many users here)

Yeah I think I'm just gonna set it to manual....auto defrag is a bit of overkill now that i think about it... I was hoping the auto would be beneficial in saving time...defrag can take a while with a large hard drive..

I'll just have to set myself a reminder to defrag every 2 weeks or so

thanks again for the help...

PS: I'm a New Jerseyite too

Archived