IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Where do I find clone/duplicate locator

lcyber

Hi Icyber

Didn't you read the recommeded thread? Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section!

It is mentioned/explained there

It can be found in ASC/Utilities/the tab Admin tools/ and in Disk explorer.

But please read about it before using, - or you could get into dire straits!!

Cheers

solbjerg

I found this once by chance but can't find it again,doesn't seem to be a search facility.Very useful facilities there if you know where to look,find navigating needs getting used to.

Clones

Icyber-I agree with Solbjerg on those clones-they might appear to be large in number,but usually only account for very little hard drive space.One wrong deletion of a duplicate,or "clone" file can spell disaster. Try entering clone files in the forum search-you'll see this has been discussed at length.My advice is to forget they're even there.If you choose to go into this area and make a mistake,when you come back for help,you're going to hear--Did you perform a back-up first? Do you have an available system restore point? And,are you able to reinstall your OS? Hope this gives you some idea of the severity of the consequences in this area.

Hi Icyber

Didn't you read the recommeded thread? Usage of IObit Products in the Lounge section!

It is mentioned/explained there

It can be found in ASC/Utilities/the tab Admin tools/ and in Disk explorer.

But please read about it before using, - or you could get into dire straits!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks solbjerg

I found it,there is rather a lot of reading to digest initially.I will take your advice obviously as I am in danger of "a fool rushing in where angels fear to tread"I would have checked each file first before deleting but I am grateful for the warnings that I have been given about this

Hi Icyber

Sounds good! some of the subjects can be skimmed for the time being, but some should be read thoroughly.

It was just that initially you sounded as if you wanted to "rush in", and that is seldom a good idea in unchartered waters.

Have a nice day!

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks solbjerg

I found it,there is rather a lot of reading to digest initially.I will take your advice obviously as I am in danger of "a fool rushing in where angels fear to tread"I would have checked each file first before deleting but I am grateful for the warnings that I have been given about this

Archived